Sunday, September 26, 2021

Craft Roulette Challenge #80 - Dragonfly Friend

This is my eighth creation for the Craft Roulette Challenge, and I really like how it turned out.  Mary Gunn Funn runs Craft Roulette - it's a weekly crafting show on YouTube now, every Friday evening.  Check her out, and jump in if you can participate!

I created this card for Episode #80.  

This week's parameters were:
  • Project:  Side Fold Card.  EASY.   
  • Colors:  Yellow Background
  • Element: Postage Stamp
  • Random: Masking
I wasn't sure what I was going to do for a Yellow Background, so I went to my pile of background pieces.  I found one in yellow!  I made this background with reinker (maybe Yoyo Yellow!) and a piece of string/Baker's Twine.   It's called String Art.  Here is a link to that blog post, from over 2 years ago, when I made a bunch of them.  It's really neat because every one turns out differently.

After I masked the edge and ink blended some Smoky Slate on, I stamped the flowers/weeds in black.   

Stamp the dragonfly in black, and punch out.  Then I colored her in with some different shades of yellow.  Covered her in Clear Wink of Stella, so she's sparkly!

Stamp the greeting, and punch out.  Finish with some Elegant Faceted Gems.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Gray: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Scored at 4 1/4".
  • Basic Gray: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Thick White: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"  (I already had this background piece made, I just trimmed it down and stamped on it)
  • Basic White: scrap to stamp greeting and punch out with Postage Stamp punch.

This is how I did my masking.  I have this post-it tape, and I ripped the teeniest edge off of it.  Tape that down on my card, and ink blended with Smoky Slate ink.


Check out Mary's Craft Roulette Group on Facebook and consider joining - Craft Roulette Show | Facebook

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Dragonfly Garden, Biggest Wish
Ink: Smoky Slate, Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Onyx (Versafine)
Paper: Basic Gray, Basic White
Other:  Large Postage Stamp punch, Clear Wink of Stella pen, Stampin' Blends (Pineapple Punch, Daffodil Delight), Elegant Faceted Gems

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
*NEWish* Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps

Gift certificates available anytime!


#craftroulettechallenge #craftroulette #stringarttechnique

No comments:

Post a Comment