Saturday, September 25, 2021

Four-Fold (panel) Cards - 2 sizes!

Welcome back Crafty friends!  I was so happy to share these cards with you this week.  I have been wanting to make a Four-Fold Card forever, but I just could not find measurements that I liked.  Everything that I found used 12" x 12" cardstock for the base, and I'm not convinced that everyone has that size paper in their stash.  

I finally sat down, did some math, and came up with my own measurements for two different size cards!  I cannot stand how much I love this style of card.  There are so many possibilities for this project!

Just a reminder that I go Live on my Facebook Page every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.

I started off with a 5" x 7" card, and then went to an A-2 size.  I cannot pick a favorite!!!  Can you?



If you were not able to catch me live, you can still watch it on YouTube!  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


You're still going to need to watch the video to see the cutting and base piece assembly.  the rest is layering and adding tucks and pockets, if you want.  Go to town with this design!

Like I said, I started with the 5" x 7" card.  My prototype was in Polished Pink, then I made the Pale Papaya version in the video.  This shows the card standing up, and open a little.  Sorry for the crappy lighting...it was midnight when I was taking these pictures.

I think I'll show you the pictures of all the panels first (and I'm going to alternate between the Polished Pink and Pale Papaya pictures - the design is the exact same for both), then we'll get into the measurements for everything.


When you open the front flap, you have the first two panels.  Both of these panels have tuck spots!  The panel on the left has that tiny tiny belly band that you can tuck something in, and then the flower cluster on the right-hand panel is another tuck spot.  I only put glue on the bottom of the left side of the flower bunch, and that very bottom leaf.  


Then the next two panels are where I've added the pocket to one and then the major writing area (and possible side tuck) on the last panel.  The second panel and pocket on this third panel are embossed with the Macrame folder on the Pale Papaya version; and Parisian Flourish folder on the Polished Pink version.


The Pink Polished version was my prototype.  I used retired True Love patterned papers.  For the Pale Papaya version, I used the Sale-a-Bration freebie - Beautifully Penned designer series papers.  Get yours by 9/30 - free with a $50 purchase!

This diagram shows both base pieces folded and attached together.  ALL of the panels follow this same design.  I've labelled them to make the paper cutting easier to understand.  Remember that Panel A - the first one - is the front flap of the card, so it has TWO sides to it.



Paper measurements:
  • Polished Pink/Pale Papaya:  9 1/2" x 7", scored on the long side at 1/2", 4 1/2"
  • Polished Pink/Pale Papaya:  7" x 6 1/4", scored on the long side at 3"
  • Panel (A): 2 3/4" x 5 1/4" (1 piece Polished Pink/Pale Papaya/front, and 1 piece designer paper); 2 1/2" x 5" (1 piece designer paper/front); 1 1/2" x 2 3/4" Polished Pink/Pale Papaya (for belly band); and whatever other bits you want to decorate the front with.
  • Panel (B):  3 3/4" x 6" embossed Basic Black; whatever image or focal point you want to add (flower cluster on these).
  • Panel (C):  3 3/4" x 6" designer papers; 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" embossed Basic  Black for pocket.
  • Panel (D): White 4 3/4" x 6 3/4"; 1 3/4" x 6 3/4" designer paper for side-tuck.

Stamps/dies: Art in Bloom bundle, Hand-Penned bundle
Ink: Onyx Versafine; Polished Pink, Pale Papaya
Paper:  Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Basic Black, Basic White, Beautifully Penned designer series papers, True Love designer series papers
Other:  Parisian Flourish and Macrame embossing folders, Black & White Ginghmam ribbon, White Crinkled Seam binding, White Baker's Twine, In Color Jewels, Ornate and Fancy Tag Topper punches, 1" circle punch (for pockets), Clear Wink of Stella marker

Now let's move on to the "Regular", or main card size of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  This time I went with a more playful, fun birthday card using the Sale-a-Bration items - Counting Sheep and the dies.  These are each free Sale-a-Bration items with a $50 purchase (so you have to spend $100 to get both).  Both are still available, as of 9/25 (midnight when I'm posting this!).


Here it is standing up - 


When you open the front flap, you have the first two panels.  I did not add all of the tuck spots on this smaller card, but you could certainly do that if you wanted to!  I was mostly interested in dolling up the pages, with a little bit of room to write short messages.


Then the next two panels are where I've added the pocket (perfect size for a gift card!) to one and then the major writing area on the last panel.  The second panel and pocket on this third panel are embossed with the Wrapped in Textures embossing folder (retired, sorry).  I just added a few more balloons to the very last panel.


Same panel diagram as before, to make the paper cutting easier -


Paper measurements:
  • Granny Apple Green:  8 1/4" x 5 1/2", scored on the long side at 1/2", 4"
  • Granny Apple Green:  6 1/4" x 4 3/4", scored on the long side at 2 3/4"
  • Panel (A): 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" (1 piece Pumpkin Pie/front, and 1 piece white); 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" (1 piece designer paper/front).
  • Panel (B):  3 1/4" x 4 1/2" embossed Pumpkin Pie.
  • Panel (C):  3 1/4" x 4 1/2" designer paper; 3 1/4" x 1 3/4" embossed Pumpkin Pie for pocket.
  • Panel (D): White 4" x 5 1/4"; 1" x 5 1/4" designer paper.
  • Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, Polished Pink scraps to die cut or punch sheep, balloons, flags.

Stamps: Counting Sheep
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, Polished Pink, Basic White, Pattern Party designer series paper
Other:  Sheep dies, White Baker's Twine, Balloon punch, Wrapped in Texture embossing folder, 1" circle punch.

I mentioned in the video that you will very likely have to MAKE envelopes to fit these cards.  That's because they are so thick, they won't fit into standard size envelopes.  So make one a little bigger.  You could even make a box for them - now there's another idea...!
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram *NEWish*:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #tonistampsandmore

Gift certificates available anytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment