Sunday, June 17, 2018

String Art card


Haven't jumped on the String Art bandwagon yet?  Get on!  It's so cool!  You can find a multitude of videos for doing String Art on YouTube, so give it a go.  This is the video that I worked from - but there are PLENTY of options.  This was my first try, and I'm happy enough with the results.

In lieu of "string", I used Thick Baker's Twine.  I like the lines that it leaves.

The lighting for my pictures below suck, but you get the idea.  I used a very old color reinker for these first samples - Glorious Green.  For those of you who know what that shade looks like, you can appreciate how bad my photography is.  :)  Top two were the first pass through with the string freshly inked.  Bottom two are the next pass, where some of the ink has worn off.  I love them all!  


It's a messy technique, but very artsy results.  I added a simple greeting in black ink, so the focus stays on the string art part of the card.  The greeting is from the new Darling Label Punch Box.  I'll share another post about that tomorrow.  It's a great size box, and the goodies inside are awesome!

I also kept a clean and simple look to the card - Whisper White layer on Whisper White card base.  Popped the layer up with dimensionals.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Darling Label punch box
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Classic Reinker (dye-based - any color you want)
Paper:  Whisper White (Thick)
Other:  Thick Baker's Twine, rubber gloves, paper plate, a sturdy BOOK that will get ink in it, Stampin' Dimensionals


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment