Sunday, June 17, 2018

Mermaid and Sea of Textures Shadow Box card

Another Shadow box card!  Now that I've made a whopping TWO of these, they really are not that scary and I'm going to make some more.  :)  Remember from a previous post, I found this tutorial from Jennifer McGuire.  I'm not reinventing the wheel, so pop on over there and learn how to make a shadow box card.  Genius!

For the front of my card, I stamped random images from both stamp sets in Tranquil Tide ink, just to fill up the space.  The circle of Soft Sea Foam was cut out of the INSIDE piece of the card, using the largest size circle from the Stitched Shapes Thinlits. 

BTW - I LOVE Soft Sea Foam and Tranquil Tide together!

Here's the inside - this is where you can have a lot of fun building your scene.  I embossed the mermaid and colored her in with markers, then hand-cut her out.  I also swiped the Clear Wink of Stella over her entirely. 

For my scene, I stamped the different seaweed and plants in Tranquil Tide.  I did stamp some of them off once, on the Soft Sea Foam card stock.  Sprinkles from the Magical Mermaid stamps are done in Soft Sea Foam.

I cut the sand dollars and coral out using the Under the Sea framelits - they come bundled with the Sea of Textures stamps.  Use glue dots and dimensionals to attach your bits and bobs, as you build your 3-d scene in your shadow box.  Add some bling bubbles!


Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Magical Mermaid, Sea of Textures bundle
Ink:  Soft Sea Foam, Tranquil Tide, Gorgeous Grape, Versamark
Paper:  Soft Sea Foam, Tranquil Tide, Gorgeous Grape, Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Thinlits,  Under the Sea framelits (bundled with stamps), Markers (Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Soft Sea Foam, Tranquil Tide, Gorgeous Grape), Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Silver embossing powder, Emboss Buddy, heat tool, silver cord, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

Whew!  That's a lot of stuff!  Seriously, it is.  But I really wanted to do the embossing, and cutting out all the little sea bits and pieces to make it perfect.  You could certainly do a simpler version.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment