Saturday, August 22, 2020

Happy Birthday Mom!

 

I can share this year's birthday card for my mom - since we're going to take her out to dinner later and I'll give it to her!  When I was filming my video for Square Cards the other day, I made one just like this and said, "Pick your favorite color and make this with 3 shades"...or something like that!  Check out the blog post HERE, if you like.  Purple is her favorite, but this blue went so well with it.  This is a 5 1/2" square card.

I always make her birthday card with hydrangeas, so the Beautiful Friendship set was perfect.  As far as colors - I really wanted to use Seaside Spray and Purple Posy card stock that I have, but I do not have those ink pads.  In the past, I've just used the markers directly on the stamps.  That does NOT work so well with photopolymer stamps.  The marker just doesn't hold to the photopolymer the same as rubber.  Disappointing.

But not the end of the world!  I wondered if Misty Moonlight stamped off once would be close enough to Seaside Spray.  JACKPOT!  I think it's spot on!  Then I used Higland Heather and Gorgeous Grape for the purples.  The Highland Heather was close enough to go with the Purple Posy, in my book.

 
Next came the envelope.  Remember, it's a 5 1/2" card, so I had to make my own.  Good thing I had a sampler pack of the 12" x 12" In color card stock.  I cut my paper down to whatever my Envelope Punch Board said to, and then I decided that I wanted a plaid envelope.   I went back to my marker and hand-drew the plaid on the paper.  Notice that the lines are straight up and down.  This is because of the way your paper lines up in the Envelope Punch Board.  I wanted them to be diagonal
 

I went back in with the Envelope Punch Board to do the scoring and punching.
 

I stuck with the same card design exactly as last week - I used a Stiched So Sweetly die cut to emboss the greeting.  This was an old birthday single stamp that barely fit.  I like the font though!  This close-up shows the colors better....they really do look nice together.


I was up in the air on using rhinestones, pearls, or glitter to finish it, and I decided on pearls.

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Beautiful Friendship, Happy Birthday (single)
Ink:  Misty Moonlight, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Soft Seafoam, Versamark
Paper: Seaside Spray, Purple Posy, Whisper White
Other:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, Seaside Spray marker, gold embossing powder, pearls

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment