Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Ink Smashed Background for Bright Birthday



Go back to my post from a few weeks ago, where I demonstrated the "Ink Smashing" technique.  This was another one of the background pieces that I created back then.   I dripped some more water on to this piece to give it some more interest.  Colors that I used on this piece are Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie.  They smash really well together!

Watercolor paper is usually very textured - not smooth at all.  Because of that, I had to use a stamp positioning tool and stamp those flowers several times in black.   This time, I used Midnight by Catherine Pooler.  I like her foam pads, and this black is nice and dark.

I embossed the greeting in black, and cut part of an old doily to back behind that.   The greeting itself is cut out with the Stitched and Layering Ovals dies.

I finished it with some Moondust Nuvo drops.

Happy birthday Margaret!!!  I hope you had a great day!
Don't forget to check out my Favorite New Things Sampler!  Contact me to get yours - deadline is June 1st!


Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Special Celebrations (Soon to be retired!), Crossing Chrysanthemums (The Artful Stamper)
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Watercolor
Other: Stitched Shapes dies, Layering Ovals dies, doily, Moondust Nuvo Drops

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment