Monday, May 25, 2020

Sympathy Cards don't have to be somber looking.


I needed a sympathy card recently, so I went ahead and made two.  It seems like I always need a few around the same time.  :(  The only thing that is different on these two cards is the embossing folder that I used.  I saw this card on one of the many facebook stamping groups that I'm in, but I did not save it - so if it's your original idea, thank you!

Sympathy cards don't always need to be somber.  Yes, it's a very sad time for the person, or family, that you're sending them to, but that doesn't mean you can't have a little shine or sparkle on the cards.  I added just a small strip of Gold Foil to these.  I thought about embossing the words, but I stamped them in the black first and I liked it...so I kept it.

Both cards have a Petal Pink card base, and use a strip of designer paper from the Bird Ballad pack.  Add a thin strip of Goil Foil, and an embossed background.  There is also a layer of River Rock - that color has been retired for a few years, but I have a bunch and thought it goes together nicely.

The greetings on both are from Sketchy Flowers, by Simon Says Stamp.  I stamped in Versafine Onyx, on River Rock card stock and then cut it out using the Stitched Shapes dies.

This one features an embossing folder that I just bought from my friend's scrapbook store - Nikki's Scrapbook Nook!  It's by Tim Holtz, and is called Adorned Tile. 


This one features the Scripty embossing folder, from Stampin' Up.  It's a little more subtle, but I like it!


Finish both with some gold sequins. 

You could certainly take this "sketch" or card design, and change out the papers, the embossing folder, and the greetings and have a completely different feeling card - a bright, cheery birthday card, a masculine card....anything.  It's a good, simple card layout. 

Don't forget to check out my Favorite New Things Sampler!  Contact me to get yours - deadline is June 1st!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Sketchy Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx
Paper: Petal Pink, River Rock, Whisper White, Gold Foil, Bird Ballad designer series paper
Other: Stitched Shapes dies, Adorning Tile embossing folder (Tim Holtz), Scripty embossing folder, gold sequins

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment