Friday, April 24, 2020

Ink Smashing Technique - Sea of Textures, and Magical Mermaid


This is a very cool technique that I'm calling Ink Smashing.  It's very similar to Ink Smooshing, but on a bigger scale.  I love the effect you get with the whole card coverage.

Watch the video that I made Live last night to see HOW I made it!

When I planned out this card, and made the prototype last week, I had no idea that all of the stamp sets that I used would be retiring.  :(  So....get them while they're still available!

You really do need to use watercolor paper for this technique.  It's a LOT of water, and even thick card stocks just don't cut it.

For my Ink Smashed background, I used Blueberry Bushel ink on the bottom, and Bermuda Bay ink on the top.

I added the Silver-embossed seaweed just to make it pop a little...make it a little more interesting and tie in with the Silver Foil that I used to die-cut the fisherman's net.

The finishing touches were the Noble Peacock Rhinestones, which....guess what.....???? Those are retiring as well!  OMG!

I hope you watch the technique video and give it a try! 

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Sea of Textures, Magical Mermaid, Seriously the Best
Ink: Versamark, Blueberry Bushel, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Watercolor, Silver Foil
Other: Under the Sea dies, Noble Peacock Rhinestones, Silver embossing powder, mini stapler.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment