Friday, April 24, 2020

Happy Birthday Hubby!


For those of you who saw my video last night, where I shared a technique that I'm calling "Ink Smashing", this background was one of the pieces that I ink-smashed with Thick Whisper White card stock.

I said that I would use those pieces to make something, and I did - right after I cleaned up the table from my video shoot.  I needed a card for my husband - he likes blue, and he likes cars...why not combine those?

This super fun background stamp is called Vroom, from Unity Stamp Co.   I inked it up with Versamark, and embossed with silver to make it stand out.  I LOVE IT!

I had a scrap of an older style silver foil paper - it's not as shiny as the current Silver Foil that Stampin' Up has (until it retires in the next few weeks!), so I ran that piece through with the "Happy" from Merry Christmas dies.  Those dies are NOT just for Christmas!

The scrap of Coastal Cabana card stock that I glued the "Happy" to is plopped down on the Blueberry Bushel ink pad, just to soak up some random color.  I like this effect, and I will definitely be using it more.  I stapled on a bit of Gray Granite ribbon (retiring soon!), and then glued the layered Happy bit right on top.

I stamped "BIRTHDAY" from the Everything Amazing stamp set, and hand-cut it.  That's popped up with some Mini Dimensionals.


Finish off with some more of the Noble Peacock Rhinestones!

As of right now, he still has not opened his card.  It's downstairs on top of the cake cover, that holds the cake I made for him last night.  WEIRD cake combination - but he requested it...  Chocolate Cherry cake (I put cherry pie filling and chocolate chips in the batter), with German Chocolate icing.  And it's a bundt cake, so it looks weird.  Hope it doesn't take like crap!

Happy Quarantine Birthday Honey!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Everything Amazing, Vroom (Unity Stamp Co).
Ink: Versamark, Blueberry Bushel, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White (regular and thick), Silver Foil (old style)
Other: Merry Christmas dies, Gray Granite 1/2" Textured Weave ribbon, Noble Peacock Rhinestones, Silver embossing powder, mini stapler.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment