Saturday, March 17, 2018

Tarnished Foil Butterfly

Since I figured out how cool this "Tarnished Foil" background technique is, I've been wanting to try it out with butterflies.  I like the steampunk feel of this card with the metallics.

Want to know how to make this background?  Hop on over to my blog post where I give a step-by-step tutorial, with pictures.

I thought I'd try out an embossed vellum piece on this card, just to see how it goes with the whole feel of the card.  I like that I can still see a hint of the background behind the vellum.

I mounted the tarnished background piece on Crumb Cake this time, hoping that it would make the metallics pop more.  I don't feel like it did, so.....experiment, failed. 

Overall, I am very happy how this card turned out, and I hope you love it too!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Soft Sayings Card Kit, Beautiful Day
Ink:  Jet Black Staz-On, Versamark
Paper:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Vellum (card stock), Silver Foil
 Other:  Big Shot, Fluttering embossing folder, Heat tool, embossing powders (copper, gold, and silver), Embossing Buddy, Tombow Liquid glue.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment