Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Trio of Banner Triple punches


This is one of my Same but Different themes.  I used the same design for all three of these cards.  I changed the colors, the embossing folders, the ribbon, the papers, and the stamps - to get three very different cards!  Each card features THREE banners. 

I'm ready for a birthday/celebration, a new baby girl, and a guy's birthday!

The funny part is that the first card was the Powder Pink one in the middle.  I picked up a random strip of the designer paper, folded it in half at an angle - decided to banner punch both ends - and the card took off from there.

After I made that one, I found a few scraps of Painted in Love designers series paper, so the Berry Burst one was born.  Finally, I decided to go for three and made the masculine one.

NOTE:  all of the greetings are stamped inside a 1" circle punch...that was interesting to find stamps small enough in my stash, but I prevailed!

The 1" greeting bit is layered on a 1 1/4" piece, which is popped up on to a 1 3/8" circle with dimensionals, which is glued to the Pretty Label punch.  Then that whole thing is popped up dimensionals.

I'll go over supplies used for each.  They are all very dimensional (i.e. EXTRA POSTAGE required! ). 

Let's go left to right - even though the Painted in Love designer series paper features Melon Mambo, I didn't have any Melon Mambo ribbon, so I went with Berry Burst.  It's close enough that it still looks good together.


I hand-cut the little flowers and attached with glue dots.

Stamps:  Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Painted in Love designer series papers
Other:  Big Shot, Sequins embossing folder, PUNCHES (Banner Triple, Pretty Label, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle), Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Berry Burst seam binding (this might have been from a Paper Pumpkin kit), Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue, Glue Dots

Now for the one that started all of this - Powder Pink for a girlie card.


I hand-cut the little tiaras also, and attached with glue dots.

Stamps:  Tabs for Everything
Ink:  Powder Pink, Basic Grey
Paper:  Powder Pink, Whisper White, Fresh Florals designer series paper, Springtime Foil dsps (SAB - sponged with Powder Pink ink)
Other:  Big Shot, Ruffled embossing folder, PUNCHES (Banner Triple, Pretty Label, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle), Pearl Basic Jewels, Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue, Glue Dots

And finally, the masculine one of the bunch.


No hand-cutting of anything on this card.  I glued those little wood bits on with the Fine Tip Glue pen.  The "Happy" and "Birthday" in this stamp set are separate pieces.  I really don't know HOW I landed them so perfectly!  Even though they are clear stamps, they're not always easy to see through for placement with tiny things like this.  I stamped "birthday" first, and then went in with the "happy".  HAPPY I got a good spot!

Stamps:  Thoughtful Banners
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, True Gentleman designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, PUNCHES (Banner Triple, Pretty Label, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle), Pearl Basic Jewels, Hearts & Stars Elements, Night of Navy cordouroy ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue, Fine-Tip glue pen.

This close-up shows all the layers on that greeting punch.  I like it!


I hope you enjoyed all three of these same-but-different cards, and are inspired to create something of your own.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment