Sunday, December 24, 2017

25 Days of Christmas 2017 - Day 24


Happy Christmas Eve everyone!  Or Merry Christmas Eve...however you want to say it.  It's Sunday, and it's Christmas Eve.  I'm sure I'll be doing last minute wrapping, cleaning, and probably stamping today.  :)  I'm almost finished with my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 ideas.  We're on Day 24 now...

Today's idea is an open box.  However, when you put ribbon handles on it, it becomes a gift bag. 


The box measures 6" wide x 4 1/2" tall x 3" deep.  It's pretty roomy, and quite sturdy too.  I used a piece of the metallic snowflake print from the Year of Cheer specialty papers.  This paper is extra sturdy, and the print is only on one side.  I love these metallic snowflakes.

This box only uses ONE piece of 12" x 12" paper.  It's all in the scoring, cutting and assembly.  Here is a sketch of my measurements.  You're only cutting those little flap lines.  Let's say the drawing is not to scale.


Fold all your score lines.  This center flap on each side is 3" x 3".  That will stay on the INSIDE of your box.  In this picture, the flap that you see with no tape will be attached to the short, center flap.


The other long flap with the tape attaches to form the side of the box.  Do the same on the other side.


Top view of the box:


Now to doll it up.  I had an embossed vellum piece left over, so I punched it out with the 2 1/4" cirlce punch and used it on top of a snowflake similar to what I did on Day 12.  Attach the vellum with 2 mini dimensionals, and then cover those up with Faceted Gems.  I used a gold snowflake and gold gems on this piece.  It's silver embossed words on vellum, mounted on a gold foil snowflake.


I also glued a 2" circle punched out of Whisper White to the back of the snowflake, to make it easier to adhere to the front of the box.


I used the same Jumbo Pewter eyelets and Whisper White 5/8" organza ribbon to add handles to the bag.  Pop in some tissue paper, and it's ready to use.


Yay!  Now to figure out who will get this gift box/bag this year.  :)

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Watercolor Christmas
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Vellum card stock, Whisper White, Year of Cheer specialty designer papers
Other:  Foil Snowflakes, 2" circle punch, 2 1/4" circle punch, Faceted Gems Gold, Jumbo eyelets and Whisper White organza ribbon (retired), Tombow Liquid Glue, Sticky Strip, Crop-o-dile.

Thanks for checking out Day 24 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 challenge!  One more day!

Happy stamping,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment