Tuesday, December 12, 2017

25 Days of Christmas 2017 - Day 12


Ready for another way to give a gift card?  For Day 12 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 ideas - how about we make a little something that hangs on the tree?  They can keep it and use an ornament if they want, or put a new gift card in the pocket and re-use. 


From the front, it looks like just another pretty tag, right?  The key is to make a pocket on the back, and the gift card slides in there.  Start by cutting TWO of the largest size from the Lots of Labels thinlits, using the same paper.  Cut one in half - that will be your pocket.  You'll glue it very closely to the edge, leaving the top of the pocket open/unglued.


Here's a picture of the back, how the gift card fits....it's pretty tight, but it works.

Now let's get to the details of the front of this gift card holder.  I used one of the Foil Snowflakes, in Silver, to coordinate with the paper that I used (silver and white).  I wanted to be able to see through whatever words I decided on, so I wouldn't miss out on that pretty snowflake.  Embossing on vellum to the rescue!

I embossed the words on vellum cardstock with Silver embossing powder.  Punched out with the 2 1/4" circle punch - that was a tight fit also, but I like the end result.  The letters go right up to the edge.

My dilemma with vellum is ALWAYS seeing the adhesive through to the front.  I have tried at least 10 different adhesives that advertise "doesn't show through vellum".  ALL LIES.  Knowing that I would have to deal with a cover-up situation, I used only two MINI Stampin' Dimensionals to mount my vellum circle on the snowflake.  I put a larger circle of white behind the vellum here, just so you can see it.



The great cover-up is some Faceted Gems placed directly on top of those mini dimensionals - it's a perfect fit!  Added another larger Faceted gem to the bottom, and some tinsel trim. 

I am so happy with how this turned out.  I love the elegant snowflake, and the gems are the perfect bling!  I finished it off with a hole punched in the top, and some more of that Tinsel Trim that I'm so in love with.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Watercolor Christmas
Ink: Versamark
Paper:  Vellum cardstock, Year of Cheer specialty designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Lots of Labels thinlits, Foil Snowflakes (silver), embossing buddy, heat tool, Silver embossing powder, 2 1/4" circle punch, Facted Gems Clear, MINI Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue, Mini Tinsel Trim combo pack

Thanks for checking out Day 12 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 challenge!  Now to figure out who will get this gift card holder this year...

Happy stamping,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment