Do you make Halloween treats for your trick-or-treaters, co-workers, friends, neighbors, etc? I do! I have always enjoyed making a treat bag or box filled with candy bars for our trick-or-treaters instead of just tossing them a hand full of candy. We don't have very many kids come through, so I make 20 bagx/boxes and I've never run out. In fact, most years, we have less than 10. :( I also make treat bags for some friends and my pool teams.
To start off - I found two different style treat bags at the Dollar Tree and they are the perfect size for what I want to give to my friends. The larger bags on the left actually have 15 bags included. That number got cut off. They hold a lot! The smaller bags have 25, and they have a zip seal at the top!
Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET. I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously, but I recommend viewing on YouTube.
If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube. If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it.
We're starting off with the smaller zipper-seal bags. I love the zipper seals - otherwise, I'd have to staple or tape the bags shut. I would only give the stapled bags to adults, but that's up to you. So I made what we call a "Bag Topper" for this treat bag. It's like a small card, folded in half and you glue it to the top of the bag. You could add a panel to the bag if you wanted to write on it, but I did not.
Stamps: Web of Fun, Framed & Fabulous
Ink: Timid Tiger, Basic Black, Onyx (Versafine)
Paper: Basic Black, Basic White
Other: Bats, Ghosts & Dots
My second project is using the larger treat bags, and I've just created a small tag for it. If I were only going to make maybe 5 of these tags, I would stamp and hand-cut the witch hat so I could pop it up. I think I need to make at least 15 of these though...so that's not happening. I just stamped everything on the tag, and punched it out.
Use whatever fun stamps and colors that you have - remember, green and purple (even pink!) can be great Halloween colors.
Ink: Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Basic White
Other: Advent Labels punch, Black & White Gingham ribbon
My third project is what I will hand out to our trick-or-treaters. We always give out 3-4 full size candy bars, usually in a custom-sized box that I stamp all over. Well, this year, I bought some different candy for the pile - Skittles - and it affected the size box that I would need. I would have to use at the very least, a 10" x 10 1/2" piece of cardstock...not happening when I need to make 20 of these things! So for the first time ever, I opted to use a WRAP.
I taped my stack of candy together, so nothing will escape. Then I stamped and wrapped the Two-Tone cardstock around the stack. Taped it closed on the bottom. Since I'm wrapping this around something that is not uniform, I do recommend that you use either the Frightfully Fun DSP or the Two-Tone cardstock. Both of these papers are very flexible and won't leave crinkle marks when you wrap around your stack of candy.
I added a simple label using two circle punches. I did add Clear Shimmer brush to the spider for some sparkles.
Paper Measurements:
- Pumpkin Two-Tone cs: 3" x 8" (You can get FIVE out of one 12" x 12" sheet!)
- Basic Black: 2 1/4" circle
- Basic White: 2" circle
I used a retired greeting set for the "happy halloween", but if you don't have anything this size - take a look at the Soiree Salutations set that is currently available. It's cute! If I didn't still have my Teeny Tiny Wishes set, I would get this one.
Here's a look at the bottom - you can see the seam where the wrap comes together. NORMALLY, I would have this seam on the front/top so that I could cover it up with whatever tag or label I was putting on the front. Well...my label this time wouldn't cover it across the 3" wide wrap, so I sucked it up and have the seam on the bottom. I don't like to see the seam, but in this case it can't be helped. It's really not the end of the world - the kids will just rip it off to get their candy anyway. If I were making these for some kind of party favors - like a wedding or baby shower, or special birthday, I would definitely find a way to hide the seam.
Stamps: Web of Fun, Design a Tag, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black
Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Pumpkin Two-Tone
Other: 2 1/4" & 2" Circle punches, Clear Shimmer Brush
I hope these projects gave you some ideas for treat packaging that you can easily duplicate! And you know - apply these ideas to any holiday, not just Halloween.
THIS week, I'll be getting into my very first Little Golden Book project and I am SO STOKED! I'm using a Nightmare Before Christmas book to make a Halloween-themed journal/scrapbook. It's going to have two signatures, so not the traditional hinge/pocket page system that I usually have for mini albums. I'm also incorporating some cute fabric that I found.
Considering all of the steps and time involved, I'm going to have to make the base of the journal in a separate Part 1 video. I'll probably be filming that tomorrow morning. This is where I'll take you step-by-step to take the Little Golden Book apart, and then re-assemble with a spine. I'll cover the spine with fabric - which reminds me that I have to go iron that fabric right now and add the fusible interfacing... Lots of fun things!
Thursday, 9/17/2026 is when I'll put my signatures together and sew them into the journal. I'll be using the Frightfully Fun DSP and Sticker Sheet, some coordinating Frightfully Fun Times Two-Tone Cardstock, some ribbon/trims, ephemera and other Halloween bits and pieces that I have from my stash. I may need to have a Part 3 of this video series to finish tarting up the pages...we'll have to play that by ear. I'm so excited to get working on this book!
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!
Toni
Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7. Thank you for your support!
*NEW* Toni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items!
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page: @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group: Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram: tonistampsandmore
Pinterest: tonistamps
YouTube Channel: tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #freeclass #halloweentreats #3dprojects






No comments:
Post a Comment