Do you love sunflowers? I think they are so happy, and perfect for fall floral designs. I really adore the Sunflower Fields Designer Series papers! While I don't have the current Stampin' Up sunflower stamps/dies, I do have some other sunflower stamps, and we're able to hand-cut some of the sunflowers directly from the paper. I encourage you to use what's in your stash that will work.
Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET. I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously, but I recommend viewing on YouTube.
If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube. If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it.
My first project is a vertical gatefold card. This card design is perfect if you have just a few small scraps of DSP. I used two pieces of 2 1/2" x 4" dsp.
I brought in one of the newest embossing folders - Softly Woven. I ink-blended some Golden Glow on that embossed piece, and layered it on a Scalloped Blooms piece. Stamp is from a Unity Kit of the Month (Sep 2019). I stamped and hand-cut it. Colored in with Golden Glow and Peaceful Pine Shimmer brushes.
Paper Measurements:
- Pecan Pie: 4" x 11", scored at 2 3/4", then fold the other end in to meet it.
- Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
- Sunflower Fields DSP: (2) 2 1/2" x 4"
- Cajun Craze: 4" x 4", cut with Scalloped Blooms die
- Basic White: 3 3/4"ish x 3 3/4"ish, cut with largest Stylish Shapes circle
- Basic White: scraps to stamp and hand-cut sunflower and greeting
Stamps: Simply Leaves, All Kinds of Holiday Love (Unity Stamp Co, Kit of the Month Sep 2019)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper: Pecan Pie, Cajun Craze, Basic White, Sunflower Fields DSP
Other: Scalloped Blooms dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Gold Striped 3/8" Mesh ribbon, Neutrals sequins, Golden Glow and Peaceful Pine Shimmer brushes, Pecan Pie Stampin' Blends
My second project is another card that uses just a little bit of the designer series paper, and then I hand-cut some flowers from another print. Most times when I'm cutting images directly from the DSP, I will tape the dsp on to a piece of Basic White first. Makes it sturdier, but also a little bit harder to cut detailed images from. Just be patient when you're cutting.
I've also got a piece of Early Espresso embossed with the Sunflower folder - more sunflowers! Greeting is from the Harvest & Holly Ephemera Specialty pack. It's self-adhesive, so I stuck it down flat on the card front.
Paper Measurements:
- Early Espresso: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
- Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
- Sunflower Fields DSP: (2) 1 1/2" x 4"
- Early Espresso: 3" x 4", embossed with Sunflower Folder
- Basic White: scraps to back on DSP before hand-cutting flowers
Finished off with some of the Painted Patch dots in Cajun Craze.
Stamps: None!
Ink: None
Paper: Early Espresso, Basic White, Sunflower Fields DSP
Other: Sunflower 3-D embossing folder, Harvest & Holly Ephemera Specialty pack, Painted Patch dots
My third project is a fun stand-up easel card design that I got from my friend Sue @KrusinThroughInk on FB). This was another non-Stampin' Up stamp. I stamped and hand-cut it. Colored in with Golden Glow and Peaceful Pine Shimmer brushes. It's really a large focal image...perfect for this card!
Paper Measurements:
- Golden Glow: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 1" and 6 1/2"
- Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4", for inside middle layer
- Golden Glow: 3/4" x 4", embossed with Sunflower folder
- Sunflower Fields DSP: 4 1/4" x 4"
- Golden Glow: 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
- Sunflower Fields DSP: 1 1/2" x 5"
- Golden Glow: 4 1/4" x 4", embossed with Sunflower folder
- Golden Glow: 1 1/4" x 4"
- Sunflower Fields DSP: 1" x 3 3/4"
Standing up. You can see that the vertical layer doesn't go all the way to the right side of the card. Leave a little bit of room. I popped up my easel stopper with Stampin' Dimensionals, but not everyone does. Personal choice.
Finish off with some 2026-2028 In Color Dots
Stamps: Design a Tag, Count Your Blessings (Unity Stamp Co, Kit of the Month August 2020)
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Golden Glow, Peaceful Pine, Basic White, Sunflower Fields DSP
Other: Sunflower embossing folder, 2" and 1 3/4" Circle punches, Golden Glow & Peaceful Pine Shimmer brushes, 2026-2028 In Color Dots
Check your stash for any flower that you could use to create these cards!
This Thursday, I'll be making my Halloween Treats. For 26 years now, I've made little boxes of some kind filled with candy bars for our trick-or-treaters, so we'll do that. I've also got some other Halloween treats to hand out, with different candies and treats. I might cruise on over to the Dollar Tree and see if they have any Halloween treat bags that I could incorporate. Tune in!
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!
Toni
Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7. Thank you for your support!
*NEW* Toni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items!
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page: @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group: Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram: tonistampsandmore
Pinterest: tonistamps
YouTube Channel: tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #freeclass #sunflowerfields #sunflowercards






No comments:
Post a Comment