Ready for Part 2 of this AMAZING little book?
If you did not check out Part 1 of this series, you can find that video HERE. Part 1 is where I disassembled the Little Golden Book. I got the gold sticker off, pulled the covers apart, removed the two story signatures, added the fabric-covered spine and started a signature base.
Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET. I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously, but I recommend viewing on YouTube.
If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube. If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it.
For this Part 2 video, I created two signatures - adding one of the story signatures to each. When you stack the papers correctly, the story stays in tact. I used a variety of papers to mix in with the story to create my signatures. I used Frightfully Fun Designer Series papers, printer paper that I sprayed with some Distress sprays, some neat colored notebooks (I have these saved in my Amazon store, link below), some ledger paper, and a fun piece of paper with the Legend of Sleepy Hollow printed on it.
Mix and match sizes of papers, and then sew each signature into the piece that I called a Signature Base. I did not want to punch holes through my spine, and potentially wreck my beautiful fabric-covering...so I made a spine base out of Basic Black Two-Tone cardstock (in Part 1 video), sew the signatures on to that piece, then glue that base on to the inside spine.
This was my very first Altered Little Golden Book, and I wasn't confident of punching holes in my pretty spine. I also made a ribbon tassel to dangle on the side of my book. I LOVE IT! I always thought they were really hard to make. They are not.
Here's a look at my fabric-covered spine. I got the fabric at Walmart. It was a fat quarter. The tassel is pushed to the side in this picture, but you can see a bunch of different fun Halloween-ish ribbons.
These are just some pictures of a few random pages. I was just building the signatures to put into the book. I didn't have time to tart any of the pages up, or add pockets or tucks.
I just finished dolling up the pages today (Sunday, 9/20/026) and I will film a walk-through video for Part 3 of this series. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow night, and posted up. It definitely got thicker as I added things to the pages. Stay tuned for that one!
As far as THIS Thursday goes, my plan is to put together the Witchy Whimsy Hat project. However, I'm having a procedure done on Tuesday and I'll have to play it by ear. I'll keep you posted on my Facebook Page.
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!
Toni
Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7. Thank you for your support!
*NEW* Toni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page: @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group: Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram: tonistampsandmore
Pinterest: tonistamps
YouTube Channel: tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #freeclass #minialbumtutorial #alteredlittlegoldenbook #nightmarebeforechristmas #junkjournal







No comments:
Post a Comment