Saturday, October 5, 2024

October 2024 Virtual Workshop - More than Autumn!


Happy World Card Making Day Friends!  I'm currently watching Craft Roulette's World Card Making Day event over on YouTube (@CraftRoulette) while I'm working on this blog post.  Let's hope I can get all of these card details posted correctly.  :)

Thursday night, I shared my October Virtual Workshop, featuring the More Than Autumn bundle.  I honestly wasn't going to buy this one when I saw it, because....I already have a bunch of different coffee and "hot drink" stamps - from Stampin' Up AND other companies.  Well, I didn't have one THIS size, or with these little bits and pieces that go with it.  I do stand by my design strategy though - you don't have to have the EXACT stamp/dies/papers that I'm using.  Copy my designs using whatever you have!

Of course, if you want the Make & Take Kit, you should check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about this workshop, the ordering special and the online ordering code.   Place your qualifying order and get the Make & Take kit, and/or a pack of the Red & White Baker's Twine and a half-pack of Basic Rhinestones.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  *NOTE*  My last two live videos have been deleted by Facebook.  About 5 minutes in, they cut it off.  I really think it's related to when I switched my StreamYard app to stream in 1080p.  FB doesn't like it.  I will likely go back to 720p this coming week, and we'll know for sure if that's it.

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First up is a NON-drink design.  I used a design sketch from page 16 of the Holiday Mini Catalog (Sep-Dec 2024), and changed it up a wee bit.  I also wanted to showcase these cute donuts, and I always think of Dunkins...so that's where the color scheme comes into play.  Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie - I love pink and orange together!

It's really a pretty simple card though - just lots of layers, and some embossing and coloring. 


Paper Measurements:
  • Melon Mambo:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Melon Mambo:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Dotted Circles folder
  • Pumpkin Pie:  3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
  • Pumpkin Pie:  3" x 3", embossed with Painted Textures folder
  • Basic White Thick:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and cut donuts and greeting
I colored my donuts with Stampin' Blends (alcohol markers), but you could use whatever coloring medium you prefer.

Finished off with a bunch of rhinestones.

Stamps:  More Than Autumn Bundle
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Early Espresso
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Basic White (Thick and Regular)
Other: Dotted Circles and Painted Textures embossing folders, Stampin' Blends, Basic Rhinestones

The second card is an Easel Card - a Mini Slimline Vertical Easel card, to be exact!  How cute!  I really wish I had gotten my More than Autumn Bundle at least ONE day before I went live, instead of 2 hours prior...I would have realized the drink cup was a little too small for this card front.  

What I hope you take away from this card is the design, and how that you can make this card with 8 1/2" x 11 cardstock for the base.  You don't HAVE to have 12" x 12".  You'll need to watch the video to see how I assembled the base, but it's basically three pieces of Pool Party.  One of them has a hinge.

I also used the "Paper Piecing" technique here to make a Unicorn Rainbow drink.  Stamp on the striped designer series paper, cut, and glue over top of the stamped image.


Paper Measurements:
  • Pool Party:  3" x 6 1/2", scored at 6"
  • Pool Party:  (2) 3" x 6"
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 5 3/4"
  • Lighter than Air Designer series paper (dots):  2 3/4" x 5 3/4"
  • Lighter than Air Designer Series paper (stripes):  3" x 3"
  • Pool Party:  2" circle
  • Basic White:  1 3/4" circle
  • Basic White Thick:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", to stamp and cut coffee cup
  • Pool Party:  scraps to punch two "hearts" from Bee punch to make the easel stopper
Picture of the easel card standing up.  Don't you just love a Vertical Slim Line Easel?  It's so different and fun!

Add a bunch of rhinestones to finish.

Stamps:  More than Autumn Bundle
Ink: Onyx (Versafine), Tuxedo (Memento)
Paper:  Pool Party, Basic White (Thick and Regular), Lighter than Air Designer Series paper
Other:  2" Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Bee Builder punch, Basic Rhinestones

My third card is probably my favorite, because I love a good math reference.  I had a sweatshirt with this "pumpkin pi" design on it years ago...hasn't fit in 20 years, BUT I do have newer t-shirt with a similar design.  In the video, I showed how to get all of these little pumpkins cut and stamped quickly.  

The key is to cut them out of your white paper FIRST.  Just grab a piece of cardstock and cut, cut, cut, cut, cut.  Then you'll need a stamp positioning tool (Stamparatus or MISTI), and make a template for your punched out image.  Go to the video for this part, but you'll position your stamp in the cut-out spot of your template, then just add your little pumpkins and stamp.  Pull the stamped image out, replace with a blank pumpkin, stamp, pull that one out, replace with a blank, stamp, etc... get it?  It's actually quicker than stamping a bunch of pumpkins, then taking the time to position your little die on each one and die-cut one at a time.  For real!  I've done the experiment, and it does save you time.  I only do this when I need to stamp and die-cut multiples like this.  If I only needed three pumpkins...I'd probably stamp and die-cut them all one after another.  


Paper Measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Cajun Craze:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White Thick:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and die-cut pumpkins and greeting
I also used the Red & White Baker's Twine (almost forgot it!!!).  Color it with a Cajun Craze or Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blend (alcohol marker). 

I did not put any rhinestones on here, but you certainly could.  Why DIDN'T I add rhinestones????  I did use the Clear Wink of Stella on the pumpkins, but seriously...rhinestones could still be added.  You can never have enough bling!

Stamps:  More than Autumn Bundle, Sketched Plaid
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Tuxedo (Memento)
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Basic White (Thick and Regular)
Other:  Red & White Baker's Twine, Stampin' Blends, Clear Wink of Stella marker

For the final card, I went for a Book Binding Easel Fold.  I made one of these a few weeks back and said that we'd see this design again.  It's a combination fun fold - it's got the Book Binding fold at the top, then easel at the bottom.  It looks really cute standing up too.

The only thing I would do different is make sure I had two teeny tiny greetings that would fit on the cups.  I think "merry" from the bundle fit, but I didn't want Merry Merry.  :(

Designer Series papers are from the Sentimental Christmas pack, and then I brought in the Forever Plaid embossing folder.  I'm really enjoying that plaid folder.

Notice the Baker's Twine at the top?  I glued the DSP to the Basic Beige cardstock, and then tied it around the whole piece.  


Paper Measurements:
  • Poppy Parade:  4 1/4" x 11", scored at 2", 4", 5 1/2"
  • Basic Beige:  (4) 1 1/4" x 4",  you'll stack and glue 3 of these together for the easel "stopper"
  • Sentimental Christmas Designer Series Paper:  (2) 1 1/8" x 3 7/8"
  • Poppy Parade:  (2) 1 3/4" x 4", embossed with Forever Plaid folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic Beige:  3 1/2" x 3 1/2", cut with Spotlight on Nature die
  • Poppy Parade:  2 3/4" x 2 3/4", cut with Spotlight on Nature die
  • Basic White:  approx 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", cut with Layering Circles dies
  • Basic White Thick:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", to stamp and die-cut coffee cups toppings
Here's a look at the card standing up -

I went to my old faithful Dazzling Diamonds GLITTER to add to the whipped topping.  I wanted something more chunky and 3-d, versus just the shimmer from Wink of Stella.  I did use the Wink of Stella on the marshmallows.

Finished off with some rhinestones, and stand it up to look at!

Stamps:  More than Autumn Bundle, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Poppy Parade
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Basic Beige, Basic White (Thick and Regular), Sentimental Christmas Designer Series Paper
Other:  Spotlight on Nature dies, Layering Circles dies, Forever Plaid embossing folder, Stampin' Blends, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Clear Wink of Stella marker, Red & White Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones

That's it folks!  As always, I hope you enjoy my projects, and will copy at least something that you've seen here.  Maybe take a card design, but change up the colors/papers/stamps to something else that you love.  

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #morethanautumn #pumpkinpi #minislimlineverticaleaselcard #bookbindingeaselcard 

Gift certificates available!

No comments:

Post a Comment