Friday, October 4, 2024

Growing in Unity 2024 - Day 5



Alas, my week as a GIU Gal has come to an end.  I leave you with one last card using one of my favorite HOLIDAY stamp sets - Good Tidings.  I like this one because it's got this great truck and tree image with two different greetings.  Perfect!

I don't know if you can see the plaid background...I hand-drew those plaid lines with a marker.  Substitute that part for ANY background stamp that you have.

I stamped the truck/tree image on a piece of Very Vanilla, and then cut it out with a Deckled Circle die.  I wanted to run it right to the edge of the card and cut off the hang-over bit.  I like that look sometimes.

Color in with whatever you want.  I used some alcohol markers, and I did not pay much attention to the details of it.  

The greeting is the only thing popped up on this card. 

I finished off with some metallic Textured Dots.  They look a little like old metal...close enough.

Paper Measurements:
  • Early Espresso:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Early Espresso:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Very Vanilla:  1/4-ish sheet to stamp and die-cut the truck/tree, and then stamp and hand-cut the greeting

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Good Tidings (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink:  Tuxedo Memento, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Other: Deckled Circle dies, Stampin' Blends (Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Mossy Meadow), Textured Dots

Thank you SO MUCH for joining me this week.  I really hope I've given some inspiration for some ways you can use your Unity Stamps!  

I'll be drawing for two winners from all the comments on my blog and Facebook posts.  I have to post those winners in the Growing in Unity - Card-Making/Rubberstamping group.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #unitystampco #growinginunity2024 #goodtidings

7 comments:

  1. This is the type of stamp I love; needs very little coloring. I love that you hand drew your plaid BG. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I’ve used it in the past for cards to the military! Thanks for sharing this week Toni. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card to wrap up your GIU week! I love the snowy scene with the truck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red truck and all the elements of this card! Thanks for all your inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love this image! Thank you for sharing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great stamp and card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the winter scene.
    Love the card!

    ReplyDelete