Thursday, October 3, 2024

Growing in Unity 2024 - Day 4


Welcome to Day 4 of my Growing in Unity week!  Today, I'm sharing one of my FAVORITE FALL leaf sets from Unity Stamp Co.  This set has some beautiful leaves AND greetings.  I paired it with one of my favorite GREETING sets - Whit's Words.  You're my favorite, I love it!

To make this card, I started with that background layer.  I took a full 1/4 sheet of cardstock and embossed it with my Forever Plaid embossing folder.  Then I ripped a little bit off of all four sides.  If that wasn't enough, I crumpled it all up in my hand several times and then roughly smoothed it out.  Lots of texture!  I love a tone-on-tone background and card base.

Next, I stamped the leaves in a few different colors and hand-cut them.  

I think I stamped the "Fall" in Cajun Craze ink, on Copper Clay cardstock...I can't remember now though.  I know I wanted it to stand out a little more than tone-on-tone.  You're my favorite is stamped in Cajun Craze, and then hand-cut.

The only thing popped up is the greeting bit.  I glued the greeting pieces together, then popped the whole thing up.

I finished with some rando gems in my stash.  I think they might have been peach or petal pink, but they look golden on the card.

Paper Measurements:
  • Copper Clay:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Copper Clay:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", embossed with Forever Plaid folder
  • Crushed Curry/Cherry Cobbler/Cajun Craze:  scraps big enough to stamp and hand-cut leaves
  • Copper Clay:  2 1/4" x 2 3/4", cut with Nested Essentials dies
  • Very Vanilla:  scrap for greeting

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Obsessively Grateful (Unity Stamp Co), Whit's Words (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobler
Paper: Copper Clay, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Forever Plaid embossing folder, Nested Essentials dies, random sparkly gems

Sadly, tomorrow is my last day as a GIU Gal.  I'll be sharing one of my favorite HOLIDAY stamp sets.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #unitystampco #growinginunity2024 #obsessivelygrateful #whitswords

6 comments:

  1. Love the embossing, crinkling idea! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you added texture by ripping and crumbling paper. Such a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the textures and colors! Beautiful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love how you made your background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fall card!

    ReplyDelete