Monday, September 30, 2024

Growing In Unity 2024 - Day 1


Welcome to my Growing In Unity (GIU) Week!  I was so excited to be selected this year!  Unity Stamp Company did a random drawing last year and selected a different paper crafter to share projects showcasing Unity stamps, each week of the year.  Today starts my week, and I'm just so thrilled to be sharing some of my projects!  I created these specifically for my GIU week.  :)

I've selected some of my FAVORITE Unity Stamps.  I chose this big decorative acorn for my first project because this is really the stamp that got me hooked on their Kit of the Month program.  I had purchased a couple of Unity stamps here and there over the years, but when I saw a card made by Ginger Pelfrey back in 2019 with this stamp...I had to have it.  

So I'll say this is my First Favorite Kit of the Month.  It's from August 2019, called Warm and Cozy.  The greeting comes from the same kit.

I stamped the acorn and the greeting several times using my MISTI and Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink (from Gina K Designs).  Amalgam ink is a good choice if you're going to use alcohol markers, watercoloring, or colored pencils with Gamsol.    I knew I was going to use colored pencils and gamsol, so it was the ideal choice.

After I colored and blended my acorn, I hand-cut it and the greeting.  Ink-blended some brown around the edges of both pieces.

For my card base, I added some green and yellow prints from Unity's Holiday Intrigue paper pack.  I love the different prints mixed with the colors, which I had hoped to pull out in my flower/leaf colors.  It's not perfect - but it is good enough for a person.  :)

I added some linen thread behind my acorn, and popped that up.  The greeting is glued down flat.  Finish off with some brushed gold metallic dots.

Paper Measurements:
  • Early Espresso:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Green print paper:  3" x 5 1/4", rip the side
  • Yellow print paper:  2" x 5 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  scrap to stamp acorn and greeting

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Aug 2019 Kit of the Month, Warm and Cozy (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink:  Chocolate Truffle Amalgam (Gina K Designs), Pecan Pie
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Holiday Intrigue Paper Pack (Unity Stamp Co)
Other: colored pencils, Gamsol, Metallic Brushed dots (gold), Linen Thread, Clear Wink of Stella marker

Stay tuned for my FAVORITE Unity Background stamp tomorrow...

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #unitystampco #growinginunity2024

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the torn paper. I need to use that technique more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I just love the verse. I’m originally from a 4 season state. Can’t wait to see what else you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! Love the layout and color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! I love all the details you've added

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card you created with this pretty acorn design and the beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I look forward to seeing the rest of your projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the pretty Fall colors on the bold black background! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Love the contrast!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love that acorn and the sentiment. Lovely Fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I love the colors and the acorn stamp!

    ReplyDelete