Sunday, September 29, 2024

Christmas Easel Flip Mini Album

Who doesn't love a flip-over mini book?! I really LOVE this project! This Easel Flip Album idea originally came from Michelle Allen, @ACreativeOperation on YouTube. She's one of the designers for Country Craft Creations, and I love her projects. I took her idea and changed it up to use Stampin' Up supplies that I had.

Your Easel Flip Album can be purely decorative - inspirational messages or fun images to set on your desk or out for home decor, a scrapbook (that's what I'm using it for), a mix of decorative and scrapbook, or plenty of other things. Ideas from viewers - a recipe book (YES!), album for baby's first year, baby firsts, first day of school + school pics though the year, shared group vacation, candid wedding album, etc. What would you put in this little book?

Here is the cover that I finished after my live video. I die-cut the words from Gold Foil using an old die set. Added a couple of fun die-cuts and some Sparkle Gems. My plan is to die-cut numbers out of Gold Foil for the YEAR and put those on top of that Cherry Cobbler strip near the top.


Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Let's start off with a pattern for the pieces that you need to form the base. You will need to watch the video for assembly. There are just two pieces of cardstock for the base, but then you'll need additional Designer series paper or cardstock to add to all of the sides. You definitely want to add these extra layers - it gives the easel more stability and strength.

I recommend using liquid glue for all your adhesive, rather than any kind of tape. I think the glue makes everything sturdier once it dries.


Paper Measurements:
  • Cherry Cobbler:  5" x 11"
  • Cherry Cobbler:  4" x 5"
  • DSP or CS to cover easel sides:  (4) 3 7/8" x 4 7/8" (pay attention to direction of DSP)
  • DSP or CS to cover base bottom: (2) 3 7/8" x 3 7/8"
  • Whiteboard/lightweight chipboard to add to base base bottom:  3 7/8" x 3 7/8"
I added stamped cardstock to the outside, and DSP to the inside of my easel. You can barely see the DSP on the inside, but it would also get mostly covered up on the outside too.


I also suggest you make a pattern for punching your holes. I used 1" Book Rings to bind my mini album. Original maker of this album used Binding Discs.

I did not take pictures of EVERY page. I ended up with 15 pages, with the fronts and backs decorated. Just a few pics to give you the idea. I cut some of the Gold-Dipped cards in half to make pages; I glued some of the cards together on two sides to make a few pocket pages, and then I also used the envelopes to make pages. You could just use cardstock and designer series papers, but I wanted to use these Gold--Dipped cards, envelopes and Ephemera packs.

My goal was just to add a little something to each "page" for interest. Most of the ephemera pieces that I glued on are tuck spots - I only glued along the bottom or in the side/corner areas. Since I plan to use mine for a mini scrapbook, I wanted to keep most of the space open for pictures.

I used six cards and envelopes from the Gold-Dipped Cards & Envelopes pack, half of the Joyful Images Ephemera Pack, and quite a few tags from the Tags of the Season Ephemera Pack.







Other Paper Measurements:
  • Envelope pages:  cardstock to emboss and layer on the back side - 4 1/4" x 6 1/4"
  • Tags for the Pocket pages:  3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • Card pages:  cardstock to emboss and layer on the back side - 4 1/4" x 6 1/4"
Add some different retired ribbons to the rings when you're finished putting all your pages in the rings.

Stamps:  Sketched Plaid Background
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Garden Green, Gold Foil, Gold-Dipped Cards and Envelopes, Joyful Images Ephemera Pack, Tags of the Season Ephemera Pack
Other:  So Swirly/Forever Plaid/Circle Dots embossing folders, Merry Christmas to All dies, Keeping Tabs punch, Sparkle Gems

After all is said and done, I've decided to make another Easel base and split up all my pages between the two books.  Ending up with 15 cards with all the layers that I used is just too bulky and not necessary.  Adding pictures will make it even more bulky.  I plan to use the three remaining Gold-Dipped Cards and envelopes that I have to make a few more pages which will give a good number for each mini book.  I still have plenty of ephemera pieces to doll them up.  

Join me this Thursday for my October Virtual Workshop, when I'll be featuring the More than Autumn products!  

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #freeonlinecardclass #christmasminiscrapbook #easelflipalbum #minialbum

Gift certificates available!

No comments:

Post a Comment