Saturday, August 17, 2024

Altered Half-Composition Book with THREE pockets!


Hello Everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I had a GREAT time on Thursday night, making this Altered Composition notebook.  I got these half-size composition books at Walmart, and love them!  I have mine with me at all times, and it holds all of my notes, project plans, sketches, lists…all of the things!  I always see these out when school supplies get put out, so I could check right about now if you want them.  

I didn’t just decorate the cover - I also added a few pockets, which come in very handy.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


I used the Country Woods Designer Series paper for this project.  I think it’s one of the most versatile packs of paper that we’ve had in a while.  Not just because it’s different wood patterns, but the colors also.  They seem to me, that they will go with anything.  Any theme, any occasion, anything.

I started out by saying you’ll need to measure your notebook.  These composition books are GREAT, but they aren’t always consistent.  That black piece that wraps the spine is not always dead center - I found that out the hard way a few years ago when I altered my first books.  So measure two or three times.  :)

You will definitely need to watch the video for how to create the main pocket.

Paper Measurements:
  • Country Woods Designer Series Paper (for front & back covers):  (2) 4 7/8” x ???  I say ???? because you’ll have to measure how wide of a piece you need for YOUR book.
  • Country Woods DSP (for inside covers - darker blue on mine):  (2) 4 3/4” x 6”
  • Country Woods DSP (for inside cover pockets):  (2) 2” x 4 7/8”
  • Petal Pink (for main pocket):  (2) 4 7/8” x 7 1/4”
  • Gray Granite:  3” x 5”
  • Basic White:  2 13/16” x 4 13/16”
Open to see the first pocket on the inside cover.


This picture shows the main pocket.  This pocket is my absolute favorite.  It will hold 4” x 6” index cards that I often write notes on.  Random stamp leaves all over before cutting them down to fit your pocket.


Pocket from above, you can see that the pocket is created using a few pieces of the actual notebook sheets.


Inside the back cover, we have the same pocket as the front.  These pockets are tighter, so I usually only have a few bits tucked into them.

Let’s look at the front cover again.  I used two of the leaf images and some fun non-traditional leaf colors.  Finished off with several Petal Pink Foiled gems.


Stamps:  Changing Leaves, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink:  Pool Party, Petal Pink, Gray Granite, Onyx (Versafine)
Paper:  Petal Pink, Gray Granite, Basic White, Country Woods Designer Series Paper
Other:  Petal Pink Foiled Gems, Half-Composition Notebook (Walmart)

This coming Thursday, I'll be making some Side-Hinge cards and then the week after I’ll show some different ways to alter paper clips to use in your notebooks or journals.

Don't forget: Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop.  This month's code is good through 8/31/2024.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #changingleaves #alterednotebook #alteredcompositionbook #halfcompositionbook

Gift certificates available any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment