Saturday, August 10, 2024

Flippy Flip Out Booklet


Happy Saturday afternoon folks!  Today I'm sharing the mini book project that I made on Thursday night.  The base of the book ended up being a combination of ideas from @Pinkstrawberryz.   I had notes written out for two different projects and mixed up things.  I love what I ended up with, but it went completely off the rails.  :)

I'm calling it a Flippy Flip Out Book.  The base is made from just one sheet of 12" x 12" double-sided paper.  Then I added extras!  In the video, we made the purple mini book together, so you see how to make all the things.  After that, I went through my prototype, which is the one on the left.  I love how it turned out!  It's got 13 pictures in it, but I could definitely add at least 2 more.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


You see the picture of the covers at the start of this post.  I'll give the measurements for the base pieces here, then as we go through every page of the book, I'll give measurements for the "extras".  You'll still need to watch the video for the assembly of the base pieces.  

These pictures are from a really fun afternoon that I spent with my friend Jamie.  We went to a cake decorating class with a Golden Girls theme.  It's one of our favorite shows, and we both loved it.  She even won a prize bag!

Flippy Flip Out Book:   (1) piece of 12" x 12" cut in half, so you have (2) 6" x 12".  Pay attention to pattern direction.  FINISHED SIZE is 4" x 6".
  • Score one piece at 4", and 8".  
  • Score second piece at  1/2", 4 3/8", and 8 1/4".
When we first open our book, we have the pocket on the very left.  I created a mini booklet to go in the pocket.  You can add pictures to all four sides, if you choose.  See the little coffee mug in the bottom left corner?  I cut that directly from the designer series paper, and glued just on the left and bottom sides, so it's a tuck spot.

Mini Booklet:
  • Lemon Lolly/Gorgeous Grape:  5 1/2" x 7", scored at 3 1/2"

Open the right flip, and you see a middle panel, and the back side of what we flipped over.  I made a flip up to hold 3 pictures.  It also makes the base of the book sturdier with that cardstock glued directly to the base.


Flip up:
  • Petal Pink/Crumb Cake:  3 3/4" x 5 3/4"
  • Petal Pink/Crumb Cake:  3 3/4" x 6", scored at 5 3/4"
  • Add the corner piece of DSP that you cut off to make the pocket.  You'll need to trim it a little.

On the panel next to the flip up, you can see I added another layer of Designer Series Paper - just to break things up and give it more interest.  That is 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".

Flip open to the right one more time, and you get the final two panels.  These both have pockets.  On one, I made a pocket out of cardstock, and added two photo mats/tags.

Pocket and photo mats:
  • Lost Lagoon/Highland Heather:  2 3/4" x 4 1/8", scored on 3 sides.
  • DSP:  2 1/4" x 3 3/8"
  • Lost Lagoon/Highland Heather Photo Mats/Tags:  3 1/4" x 5", and 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
On the very last panel, I folded over the designer series paper (did not measure it) and glued down.  Then glue up the two sides to make the panel a pocket.   Pink and white cake is Jamie's.  I love the pink!


Photo mat:
  • Lemon Lolly/Gorgeous Grape:  3 1/2" x 5"
Back of that photo mat - I like orange!  We both used some printed designs that they had on sugar or rice paper.  I'm not sure which, but they were neat.  Just an interesting side bit of info here - see how the orange in this picture is a lighter, softer orange?  Kind of like a creamsicle.  Earlier in the book is another picture and it is a brighter, richer orange.  The colors get darker/brighter as they settle.  Just so you know, if you're ever decorating a cake.


I tied my prototype closed with two different ribbons.  I would NOT add the ribbons until you have all of your pictures or whatever you are putting in this book, actually IN the book.  The more you add, the thicker it gets.

Stamps:  Friends for Life bundle, Golden Friends (Ink Road Stamps)
Ink:  Lost Lagoon, Petal Pink, Tuxedo (Memento)
Paper:  Petal Pink, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon, Basic White, Gorgeous Grape, Crumb Cake, Highland Heather, A Little Latte Designer Series Paper, Perennial Lavender Designer Series paper (this pack ON SALE through 8/31/2024)
Other:  Postage Stamp dies (Unity Stamp Co), Painted Textures embossing folder, Iridescent 1/2" Striped Trim, Petal Pink & White 1/4" Diagonal Trim Combo Pack, Iridescent Pearls, markers

This coming Thursday, I'll be showing you how I alter the Half-Composition Books.  The only time I see these in Walmart are when school supplies are out, so I figured this would be a good time.

Don't forget: Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop.  This month's code is good through 8/31/2024.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #friendsforlife #minialbum #minijournal #minibook

Gift certificates available any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment