Saturday, July 27, 2024

Christmas in July 2024!

Merry Christmas in July everyone!  I know it's way too early for some of you, but I LOVE Christmas in July.  I've been catching as many new Christmas movies as I can on the Hallmark Channel.   I also realized as I was making this video that I hardly have ANY holiday cards finished.  I like to have at least 40-50 made by November, but that hasn't happened. I need to make a plan to get a certain number made every month.  

Anyway - I had a great time on Thursday night making these projects for you.   I'm torn between the pizza box and the tag as my favorites.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First up is a non-traditional color card.  I love pinks and purples for Christmas!  The Fresh Freesia and Petunia Pop combination came from the color wheel.  Sparkling Snowflakes to the rescue for this card, with a bit of Emboss Resist Technique going on.  I stamped the snowflakes first, then white-embossed the "holidays" kind of in a circle shape.  

Ink-blend some ink in the middle to make a sort of backdrop for the letters.  For the letters, I put Petunia Pop cardstock on some Foam Adhesive sheet and cut with the Alphabet a la Mode dies.


Paper measurements:
  • Fresh Freesia:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Fresh Freesia:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Petunia Pop:  enough to die-cut the letters
I found some Snowflakes to add at the end.

Stamps:  Greetings of the Season, Sparkling Snowflakes
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Petunia Pop, Versamark
Paper: Fresh Freesia, Petunia Pop, Basic White
Other:  Alphabet a la Mode dies, Basics embossing powders (white), Snowflake Assortment, Clear Wink of Stella marker

For my second project, I went with another card.  More traditional colors with this one.  I couldn't finish coloring all the presents during the video (not enough time).  I used a lot of different shades of Stampin' Blends - but you could obviously use anything to color these images in.  Regular markers, watercolor pencils, chalks, colored pencils...whatever you want.   Don't forget to put a little color under the wheels to ground that wagon.

I think the most important bit of info that I wanted to convey with this card is that this stamp, Filled with Cheer (Online Exclusive), coordinates with the Filled with Fun dies (another Online Exclusive).  Check them out online!  Unfortunately, the Filled with Fun dies are out of stock until the week of Sep 9th...I did not realize that when I designed my card.  :(


Paper measurements:
  • Real Red:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Shaded Spruce: 3" x 5 1/2"
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Basic White:  scrap for greeting
Greeting is the only thing popped up on this card.  I finished with some Tinsel Gems Four-pack - they are Pretty Peacock, but seem to match the Shade Spruce perfectly.

Stamps:  Filled with Cheer
Ink:  Real Red, Tuxedo Memento
Paper:  Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Basic White
Other:  so many Stampin' Blends markers, Tinsel Gems Four-pack

The third project is a Pizza Box made from an entire sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock!  Scroll down for the scoring pattern.  I love using an entire sheet to make a box, and I really like pizza boxes.  This one is really roomy - finished size is 3 1/4" x 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" tall.  Shy Shamrock and Real Red for another traditional green/red color combo.  


Paper measurements:
  • Shy Shamrock:  8 1/2" x 11"
  • Real Red:  2 3/4" x 5"
  • Basic White:  2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp and punch out the truck
Tie some Black & White Gingham ribbon around the box BEFORE attaching the decorated layer.  I do that so I can untie this, open the box, put something in it, and then re-tie it.  I actually DO use all the things that I make!


Here is the scoring pattern to use -  watch the video for cutting and assembly.


Stamps:  More Wishes, Trucking Along
Ink:   Shy Shamrock, Real Red, Tuxedo Memento
Paper:  Shy Shamrock, Real Red, Basic White
Other:  Trucking Along punch, Black & White Gingham ribbon, 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems

For the last project, I made a Jumbo Tag.  It's 3" x 6", and I think a good size for just about any gift bag or journal.  This was also another opportunity for some soft Victorian colors for Christmas - pinks and beige.  I die-cut the trees from Bubble Bath cardstock, then ran through three different embossing folders.  I love mixing up the different patterns like this.

I stamped the greeting in Pretty in Pink, which is darker that Bubble Bath, because I wanted it to stand out a little more.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Beige:  3" x 6"
  • Basic Beige:  2 3/4" x 5 3/4"
  • Bubble Bath:  probably an entire sheet.  I die-cut multiples of each tree to layer together.
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp/layer greetings
Use multiple colors/types of ribbon to make it more interesting.  Finished off with a bunch of Pretty in Pink Shimmer Gems.

Stamps: Throughout the Year, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Basic Beige, Pretty in Pink
Paper:  Basic Beige, Bubble Bath, Basic White
Other:  Merriest Trees dies, Eyelet/Dotted Circles/So Swirly embossing folders, Basic Beige 3/8" Bordered Ribbon, Bubble Bath Taffeta (retired), Linen Thread, Pewter Jumbo eyelet

Merry Christmas in July!  I hope you'll find my project ideas to be useful.  

Reminder - Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and a FREE embellishment for this month's virtual workshop.  This month's code is good through 7/31/2024!

Also, earning Bonus Days coupons ($5 coupon for every $50 before tax/shipping you spend) ends on July 31st!  Then you'll have all of August to use those coupons.  

My August 2024 Virtual Workshop will air this coming Thursday.  I'll be featuring the Friends for Life suite of products.  It's a fun, bright suite!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #freepapercraftingclass #christmasinjuly

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment