Saturday, August 3, 2024

August 2024 Virtual Workshop: Friends for Life


Welcome to my monthly Virtual Workshop!  This month I'm featuring the Friends for Life products from the 2024-2025 Annual Catalog.  I really enjoy designing these projects to give you different ideas of how to use the different elements.  As always - if you don't have these products, I encourage you to copy my designs with whatever else you have in your stash. Be creative!

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about this workshop, the ordering special and the online ordering code.   

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first card comes from the Card Sketches on page 22 of the 2024-2025 Annual Catalog.  This page of sketches is an AMAZING resource!  I like sketches, because they can be the entire card, or a starting point for you to add whatever floats your boat.  In this case, I stuck with the sketch itself.  Shapes of designer series paper, a fun embossing folder, and some bling.

You could certainly add more to personalize this design to suit your needs.  I like the bold and bright colors, and those patterns from the Full of Life Designer Series paper.


Paper measurements:
  • Berry Burst:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Lemon Lime Twist:  3" x 5 1/2", embossed with Dotted Circles folder
  • Full of Life Designer Series Paper:  (2) 2" x 2", different prints
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and hand-cut greeting

I finished off with some of the Iridescent Faceted Gems.

Stamps:  Friends for Life
Ink:  Blueberry Bushel
Paper: Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Full of Life Designer Series Paper
Other:  Dotted Circles embossing folder, Iridescent Faceted Gems.

For the second card, I went in a completely different direction as far as colors.  I switched to a softer color palette with Lemon Lolly and Old Olive.  Originally, I was going to use Soft Sea Foam, but that was actually TOO soft.  It didn't stand out enough.

Use the leaf die-cut from the bundle, and add some Bough punch outs.  Layer the greeting, and add some gems!  I did end up using some retired designer series paper on this one, because it was the perfect addition and I have plenty.
 

Paper measurements:
  • Lemon Lolly:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Old Olive:  3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Lighter than Air Designer Series Paper:  3" x 5 1/2"
  • Old Olive:  scraps to die-cut leaf, and punch out leaves
  • Basic White:  enough to die-cut circle with Everday Details die, and punch 2" circle

Pop up the top-layer greeting, and finish with some of the Iridescent Faceted Gems.

Stamps:  Friends for Life Bundle
Ink:   Lemon Lolly, Old Olive
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Old Olive, Lighter than Air Designer Series paper, Basic White
Other:  Everyday Details dies, Bough punch, 2" circle punch, Iridescent Faceted Gems

The third card features the heart die-cut.  Now, this die-cut would make a GREAT shaker card, but I chose to use the pieces for a wedding or anniversary card.  Emboss in Copper, and cut out the hearts from Copper Foil (I have a ton of it...no idea why).  I thought the Timber embossed background would contrast with the hearts nicely.  I didn't want a floral background.  

I showed in the video, you can nest the hearts together with a portrait-oriented card, or split them up for a horizontal card like I did here.  Your choice if you end up getting the Make & Take kit this month.

Paper measurements:
  • Basic White Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, embossed with the Timber folder
  • Copper Foil:  3" x 3", to die-cut heart pieces
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp/emboss greeting
I added a LOT of Iridescent Faceted Gems to finish this one.

Stamps: Friends for Life Bundle
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Basic White (Thick and Regular), Copper Foil
Other:   Timber embossing folder, Metallics embossing powder (Copper), Iridescent Faceted Gems

The last card has a water-colored background that was inspired by a piece of the Full of Life Designer Series Paper.  I encourage you to change the colors up to whatever your favorites are - anything goes with Black & White!

I use clear blocks and ink pads as my palettes for picking up color.   Add to the watercolor paper using the wet-on-wet method, which I show in the video.

I changed the card after the video - this is my finished version.  I changed the hearts, and added a couple of the smaller heart die-cuts.  The white-embossed-on-black hearts stand out on the card more, so I glued them right on top of the ones I originally had on the card.



Paper measurements:
  • Basic Black:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  (2) 4" x 5 1/4", one for inside of card, one for layering
  • Watercolor paper:  3 3/4" x 5"
  • Basic Black & Basic White:  scraps to die-cut words and hearts
Original version that I made in the video with black-on-white hearts.  They just don't stand out enough to me.  What do you think?


I added a lot of Iridescent Faceted Gems.  I suggest adding a little glue under your embellishments, especially when you are using watercolor paper.  Just because it's so textured, I think your doo-dads are more likely to fall off and we don't want that!

Stamps:  Friends for Life Bundle
Ink:   Tuxedo (Memento), Versamark, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Azure Afternoon, Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Basic Black, Basic White, Watercolor paper
Other:  Basics embossing powders (white), Iridescent Faceted Gems

I hope I've given you some inspiration and different ideas for the Friends for Life products

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 8/31/2024.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEW* Toni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #friendsforlife

Gift certificates available any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment