Friday, June 21, 2024

Wedding and Anniversary Cards, with a Gift Box!

The weekend is here Crafty Friends!  I'm updating my blog early because I'm actually at home today.  It's been one thing after another today, and in the end I decided to not bother going in to work.  I did have to go back to the dr for my nose today.  It was starting to get infected, and I didn't want to let it fester all weekend.  That's how my day started, and it just kept spiraling.  :)  Anyway, I'm making the best of it and getting things updated. 

This post is all about the Wedding and Anniversary projects that I made last night.  Keep in mind - especially with the Anniversary card - all you have to do is change the greeting and this card works for anything.  Even the gift box - change the theme/colors/stamps and you've got a perfectly coordinated gift box for any occasion.

The inspiration behind making Wedding and Anniversary cards this week is that my 24th Anniversary as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator was actually yesterday!  It's hard to believe I've been doing this for so long.  I still love having the opportunity to create and share ideas with all of you!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


I started off with the Wedding card.  I wanted a set of interlocking rings, so I brought out the Spotlight on Nature dies, along with my old faithful Layering Circles dies.  Watch the video to see how I got those intertwined, with the cut mark hidden.  I used some old Brushed Metallic foil paper - but you use whatever you have.  

Hand-cut that ROCK of a diamond out of some old glimmer paper.   Maybe you can get yours to look better than I did.  It's good enough for a person...

I added some Sparkle Gems in Champagne.  Gold-emboss the greeting.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic White Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Eyelet folder
  • Brushed Metallic Foil paper:  enough to cut whatever circle dies you have
  • Basic White:  scrap to emboss greeting
  • Glimmer Paper:  scrap to hand-cut a diamond-like shape
The hardest part was getting the rings interlocked nicely - and that is really NOT hard.  

Stamps:  Stipple Roses
Ink:  Versamark
Paper: Basic White (Thick and Regular), Metallic Foil, Glimmer paper
Other:  Spotlight on Nature dies, Layering Circles dies, Eyelet embossing folder, Sparkle Gems, Metallics embossing powder (gold)

The Anniversary card is one that truly can be used for any occasion.  Just change the greeting, and there you go.  I made this for a specific couple in mind, celebrating their 50th Anniversary.  When I was searching to see if it was GOLD or SILVER, I discovered that Yellow Roses or Violets are the flowers for a 50th.  Well....I have roses, so that made it for me!

As I was designing this card, I realized that this would also meet the requirements for last week's Craft Roulette Challenge...so I went with it, and submitted this card to Craft Roulette last night.  Two birds, one stone!

I colored in the roses with Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lolly Stampin' Blend markers.  Old Olive for the leaves, and I added a couple extra die-cut leaves.

The numbers are die-cut from Gold Glimmer Adhesive paper (which is still available to order), and unfortunately the gold kind of gets lost with the Lemon Lolly base.  Live and learn!  
 

Paper measurements:
  • Lemon Lolly:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Lemon Lolly:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Cane Weave folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White:  (Thick) scraps to stamp flowers and (Regular) die-cut label
  • Gold Glimmer paper:  scrap to die-cut numbers
After I colored in my roses, I hit all of them with the Clear Wink of Stella marker.  MORE SHIMMER!  :)

Craft Roulette Challenge #219 Parameters:
  • Project:  Anniversary...self-explanatory
  • Colors:  Salad.  My colors are more of a corn or pineapple salad.  Yellow and green
  • Element:  New.  My NEW item was the "Happy Anniversary" stamp that I used.
  • Random:  Folded Corner.  I folded TWO corners,

Finished off with some Iridescent Pearls...that you can't really see in the picture.  Geez!

Stamps:  Stippled Roses
Ink:   Versamark, Tuxedo Memento
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Basic White (Thick and Regular)
Other:  Stippled Roses dies, Nested Essentials dies, Cane Weave embossing folder, Metallics embossing powders (gold), Iridescent Pearls, Stampin' Blends (Lemon Lolly, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive), Clear Wink of Stella marker

The last project is a gift box.  I remind everyone that you can customize the theme/papers/colors to whatever you need for your occasion!  I'm thinking this will be good for an outdoorsy wedding or celebration.  I designed this box size to hold a check (which measures 2 3/4" x 6", if you did not know), or CASH (which is slightly smaller than a check).  But really - you can put whatever you want in it.  Gift cards, socks, tie, jewelry, candy bars, lottery tickets, whatever you can squeeze into it.


Paper measurements:
  • Early Espresso/Box Bottom:  5 15/16" x 9 3/16"
  • Shaded Spruce/Box Top:  5" x 8 1/4"
  • Basic White:  2 1/2" x 5 3/4"
  • Country Woods Designer Series Paper:  2 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Shaded Spruce:  2 1/2" Circle
  • Basic White:  enough to stamp and die-cut a few trees
Picture from the side.  See how the bottom peeks out?  I like seeing both colors like this.  The bottom is taller than the top.


Pattern drawing - hopefully this will help you draw and figure out the measurements if you want to make a different size box.


REMEMBER - when I make that "<" mark in my measurements, that means take 1/16" off.  So < 6 x 9 1/4" really means to cut it at 5 15/16" x 9 3/16".    If I were to use a > symbol, it would mean 1/16" bigger on both sides.  That's just my short-hand when I'm drawing patterns and figuring measurements.

Stamps: Forever Forest, Kindest Expressions
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Old Olive, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Pecan Pie, Basic White
Other:   Forever Forest dies, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Metallics embossing powders (gold), Petal Pink & White 1/4" Trim Combo, Metallic Gems

That's it for this week!  I hope you copy my designs and make your own beautiful projects to share with someone special!

Join me next Thursday for some Ice Cream Swirl projects.  I got this bundle maybe 2 months ago, and haven't had time to open it.  Summer is perfect for some ice cream things, right?

Reminder:  Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop (aired on June 6th).  This month's code is good through 6/30/2024.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy Stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #weddingcards #anniversarycards

Gift certificates available anytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment