Saturday, June 29, 2024

Ice Cream Swirl Projects - NON-ice cream ideas!

Hello Crafty Friends!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far.  I enjoyed sleeping in today, and then I'll be joining some friends at a dinner theater tonight.  The show is Jersey Boys, and I can't wait!  Let me share the projects that I made Thursday night.  My goal was to give you NON ice cream ideas, using this Ice Cream Swirl stamps and dies.  Hopefully you can translate these using something similar...maybe you have a different ice cream set, maybe some random fruit stamps...look through your stash.  We are thinking outside of the box with this!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first card shows the first non-ice cream idea that I had - turn that ice cream into a cupcake.  I will admit that the pink cupcake wrapper does not stand out enough, against the Bubble Bath background...but I will still send it to someone.

I cut the cupcake and icing pieces from A Little Latte designer series paper.  The cupcake paper/wrapper is actually the ice cream cone.  

Ransom-note style greeting - cut all the words separately.  I did stamp in Early Espresso and Pecan Pie, and used both colors.


Paper measurements:
  • Bubble Bath:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Bubble Bath:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Dotted Circles folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • A Little Latte Designer series paper:  (2) prints, enough to die-cut cupcake and frosting pieces
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp greeting

I finished off with some Swirl Dots on the cupcake.

Stamps:  Ice Cream Swirl
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pecan Pie
Paper: Bubble Bath, Basic White, A Little Latte Designer series paper
Other:  Ice Cream Swirl dies, Dotted Circles embossing folder, Swirl Dots

For my second outside-the-box idea, I used just the fruit.  I called this one "Berries & Cherries" in my notes.  The Cane Weave embossing folder makes me think of a fruit basket, so it fits - in my mind.  I stamped and die-cut all of the fruit pieces, and then colored with Stampin' Blends in Real Red and Poppy Parade.  Add Wink of Stella to all of them too.  Glue some down flat, and pop a few pieces up.
 

Paper measurements:
  • Granny Apple Green:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Basic Black: 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Basic White:  3 5/8" x 4 7/8", embossed with Cane Weave folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White Thick:  1/2 a sheet or so to stamp and die-cut fruit and label for greeting
I tried to get a close-up to show the shimmer on the fruit, and the white sequins....


Finished off with White-iridescent sequins from the Sequins Trio pack.

During my video, I also showed and tried to explain how I use Press-n-Seal with dies when I want to stamp and die-cut multiples of the same thing.  It's a real time saver.


Stamps:  Ice Cream Swirl
Ink:   Onyx (Versafine)
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Basic Black, Basic White (thick and regular)
Other:  Ice Cream Swirl dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Cane Weave embossing folder, Stampin' Blends, Textured Dots, Sequins Trio, Clear Wink of Stella marker

The third card was in the running for being my favorite.  The minute I saw those little donuts, I thought to make a mini "box" of donuts.  My box "lid" is raised up with Foam Adhesive Strips.  This would make a really cool shaker card!!!  

I colored in my donuts with the new In Color Stampin' Write markers.


Paper measurements:
  • Summer Splash:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Petunia Pop:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White:  (2) 3" x 4 1/2", cut one with Everyday Details dies
  • Basic White Thick:  scraps to stamp and die-cut donuts
I added some 2024-2025 In Color Shimmer Gems to some of the donuts and the greeting bit.

Stamps: Ice Cream Swirl
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Petunia Pop, Summer Splash
Paper:  Summer Splash, Petunia Pop, Basic White (Thick and regular)
Other:   Ice Cream Swirl dies, Everyday Details dies, 2024-2025 In Color Shimmer Gems

The last card ended up being my favorite.  I wanted an abstract style Santa.  Cut his beard out of Basic White and Glimmer Paper!  His face is just a 2 1/2" circle, and I hand-cut a triangle for his hat and folded it over.  Pop-pom trim is from the Truck Builder punch.

Greeting is from an upcoming NEW Online Exclusive set called Greetings of the Season.  It's a mixed-font set, which I really like.  Some print, and some cursive.

I did not put a nose on at first, so this is what I finished the video with.  I like it it.....but...you'll see.

Paper measurements:
  • Poppy Parade:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Poppy Parade:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Poppy Parade Designer Series Paper (old pattern):  3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Poppy Parade:  scrap to cut hat
  • Basic White & Glimmer paper: scraps to die-cut beard, and punch pop poms, greeting
  • Petal Pink:  2 1/2" circle

When I was taking pictures for this blog post, I decided to see if I liked him better with a nose.  I LOVE Santa with a nose.  

Stamps: Greetings of the Season
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Poppy Parade
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Basic White, Glimmer, Petal Pink, Brights Designer Series Paper (Poppy Parade)
Other:   Ice Cream Swirl dies, Truck Builder punch, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

I hope you really LOVE these ideas as much as I do!  I love outside-of-the-box ideas, and getting more mileage out of our stuff.   

Reminder:  Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop (aired on June 6th).  This month's code is good through 6/30/2024.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #icecreamswirl

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment