Saturday, July 6, 2024

July 2024 Virtual Workshop featuring Layers of Beauty

Hello Crafty Friends!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I just finished up my July Virtual Workshop this afternoon - the week really got away from me, and with the holiday...I pushed it to today.  Whether you joined me live, or are watching later, I appreciate you being here!

For this month's Virtual Workshop, I'm featuring the Layers of Beauty Bundle.  This bundle has stamps, dies, and a set of stencils.  If you don't have this bundle, then please look through your stash - see if you can find something similar and re-create my projects.  That's why I do provide you with measurements and materials I used - so you can copy!  If you want to order these products, great.  If not, that's great too.  I'm happy to share these ideas.

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about this workshop, the ordering special and the online ordering code.   

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


The first card uses some postage stamp dies for our focal layer.  NOTE:  I do NOT have Stampin' Up's Postage Stamp dies.  Mine are from Unity Stamp Co.   If you are re-creating later, use whatever decorative dies you have.  I stamped the flower image in Onyx Versafine ink, and embossed with black powder.

With this card, I also show how to do a quick watercolor using Basic White THICK cardstock, ink pads and my ink blocks to make ink palettes.  You'll need either water brushes, or a regular paint brush and cup of water.  A few paper towels wouldn't hurt.  

The point here is to get color down quickly, and this Thick cardstock does not allow for blending.  It's not as sturdy or thick as watercolor paper, but I do love the effect.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Beige:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White Thick:  4" x 5 1/4", cut with Postage Stamp dies
This quick watercoloring method is not precise, and you'll notice some white spots, and some areas where I went outside the lines.  It's OKAY!

I finished off with some Iridescent Pearls, and then hit the flowers all with Clear Wink of Stella for some shimmer.  Finished postage stamp layer is popped up with foam tape.

Stamps:  Layers of Beauty Bundle, Simply Said
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Tuxedo (Memento), Pretty in Pink, Petunia Pop, Shy Shamrock
Paper: Basic Beige, Basic White (Thick and Regular)
Other:  Postage Stamp dies (Unity Stamp Co), water painter brush, Clear Wink of Stella marker, Iridescent Pearls

I love this next one, and with everything being white-on-white - you can customize your color scheme to your liking.  You'll get a piece of Basic White big enough to stamp and die-cut this flower cluster, or use however you want.  The Eyelet embossed background gives some good texture underneath.    

I showed how to use the stencils using a sticky mat with this card.  I used 3 different shades of pink, and 2 shades of green.  


Paper measurements:
  • Basic White Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Eyelet folder
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and die-cut flowers
  • Basic White:  scrap cut with Nested Essentials dies for greeting
Add a bow tied with Silver and White Sheer ribbon and White Baker's Twine.  If you want to color the Sheer ribbon with a Stampin' Blend marker - go for it!  I wanted the white/white.

Finished off with some Smoky Slate pearls.

Stamps:  Layers of Beauty Bundle, Well Said
Ink:   Onyx (Versafine), Bubble Bath, Pretty in Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Old Olive
Paper:  Basic White (Thick and Regular)
Other:  Nested Essentials dies, Eyelet embossing folder, Silver & White Sheer Ribbon, Basics Baker's Twine (white), Basic Gray & Smoky Slate Pearls

My third card is a landscape-oriented Gatefold card and ALL about Black & White.  If you want to color in your flowers - that's your choice!  I like to use little magnets to keep gatefolds like this closed.  Link to my Amazon finds has the magnets that I use.

Add some embossed panels to your gate fold flaps for more interest.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Black:  4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 2 3/4" from end
  • Basic Black:  (2) 2 1/2" x 4", embossed with Distressed Tile folder
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Basic White: 2 3/4" x 4", and 2 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Add some of the Basic Gray Pearls to the card front.  

This shows the card opened up.  Magnets are buried between layers so you don't see them.



Stamps: Layers of Beauty bundle, Layering Leaves
Ink: Onyx (Versafine)
Paper:  Basic Black, Basic White
Other:   Distressed Tile embossing folder, Basic Gray & Smoky Slate Pearls, magnets

The last card uses one of the newest Online Exclusive sets for the greeting.  It's called Everyday Greetings, and has a mix of print and cursive which I really like.  On this bunch of flowers, I again used the stencils.  This time I only used ONE color of yellow and ONE color of green.  I wanted you to see that even with one ink color, you still get the shading as you add more ink with each stencil.


Paper measurements:
  • Smoky Slate:  5 1/2" x 7 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Country Woods Designer Series Paper:  2 3/4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and cut flowers
  • Basic White:  scrap for greeting, cut with Nested Essentials dies
Finished with some of the Basic Gray pearls.

Stamps:  Layers of Beauty bundle, Everyday Greetings
Ink:   Onyx (Versafine), Lemon Lolly, Soft Seafoam (although it looks much darker), Old Olive
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Basic White, Country Woods Designer Series Paper
Other:  Nested Essentials dies, Basic Gray & Smoky Slate Pearls

Thank you for spending some time with me.  I hope you enjoyed these projects!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and a FREE embellishment for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 7/31/2024.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #layersofbeauty

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment