Sunday, May 19, 2024

A look at My Scrapbooking Process

Good evening Crafty Friends!

I hope you've had a good weekend.  I finally got the finishing touches put on my scrapbook pages from Thursday night, when I shared my thought process for creating pages.  Not saying this is how anyone has to do it, but just giving you insight into my process.  I ended up with 4 pages, 12" x 12". 

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


I wrote down my process steps, but again - you can do anything you want.  For me, steps 1 and 2 can be swapped.  Sometimes I know which pictures I want to scrapbook, and I choose colors/papers/etc to go with the pictures.  Sometimes I have colors/papers/stamps/etc that I want to use, and I try to find pictures that will go with the finished pages.  That's what I did here.  I wanted to use the Lily Pond Lane designer series papers, so I make the rest of my choices accordingly.


I wanted to use several different prints from the designer papers, so I went with squares diagonally down the page.  I cut my squares to be 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".  There was some math to get to that decision...thank God for the Pythagorean Theorem!  :)  I'm not kidding...

Anyway, I added some stamped, colored and hand-cut flowers, leaves, and butterflies from the new Spotlight on Nature stamp set.  I used the Stampin' Write markers to color in all those images.

Here's a look at the first page - I added my squares of DSP first, then added pictures, then letters/numbers.  Add embellishments at the end.  In my mind, embellishments are not just doo-dads in this case.  They are the flowers, the leaves, the butterflies - anything that you are adding to enhance the page design. 

I paired the Mini Alphabet dies with the retired Playful Alphabet/Numbers dies for my "title".


Close-up that hopefully shows the shimmer of the Clear Wink of Stella that I added to the flowers.


The facing page for this two-page layout - notice that I added a small journaling square, layered with Pretty Peacock to keep the diagonal squares theme going.


You may notice that I sometimes journal directly on the page, and add specific journaling blocks.  I like doing that both ways.

Stamps:  Spotlight on Nature
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Pretty Peacock, Basic White, Lily Pond Lane Designer Series Paper
Other:  Stylish Shapes dies, Mini Alphabet dies, Playful Alphabet/Numbers dies, 2024-2025 In Color Stampin' Write markers, Clear Wink of Stella marker

This Thursday, I'll be sharing some Vacation projects - things that come in handy when you're taking a trip!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop (that aired 5/2/2024).  This month's code is good through 5/31/2024.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #scrapbookpages #papercrafting #scrapbooking

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment