Saturday, April 27, 2024

April 2024 Guest Stampers! My friends Krusin' Through Ink and Stamp with GailSU joined me Live!

Good afternoon Crafty Friends!

I was so lucky to have two of my good friends join me for some live stamping on Thursday night.  Sue Kruse (@KrusinThroughInk on FB), and Gail O'Neill (@StampwithGailSU on FB and YT).  I was so happy to have us all together again.  It's a lot of fun stamping and chatting with your friends!  

I thought it would be fun to give some our favorite retiring products another look.  The best part for us anyway, was that we didn't tell each other what we were going to use.  It was a surprise!  I really thought we'd end up using some of the same sets, but it didnt' happen! 

We all made one thing with our chosen products, then showed a few more ideas using that same thing.  I love how we all went in different directions!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Gail went first, using the Seaside Bay bundle.  This is a really neat quilt-type of card using 1 1/4" squares of designer series paper.  She ink-blended the sand and sky on to a piece of DSP, and then stamped some speckles and greeting on the sand.  The squares give a really cool effect!

She used some retired DSP, but you just use whatever you have in your stash.


Paper measurements:
  • Balmy Blue:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  5 1/4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Simply Marbelous Designer Series paper:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • By the Bay Designer series paper:  (3) 1 1/4" squares
  • Simply Marbelous Designer series paper:  (3) 1 1/4" squares
  • Gold foil/green/random dsp:  scraps to die cut scallop, grass, shells
Ink blended a little more on the sand and water.

She finished off with some of the Pebbles embellishments.  Don't forget to add some dsp to the your envelope flap!

She also showed a few other cards she made - 


Stamps:  Seaside Bay bundle, Go To Greetings
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Early Espresso
Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Gold Foil, green (I didn't catch the color), By the Bay and Simply Marbelous Designer Series Paper
Other:  Pebbles Enamel Dots

Sue was up next, and she used the Inked Botanicals stamps and papers.  She's our Queen of Fun Fold cards!  She used Stampin' Write Markers to color the rubber stamps directly, then stamp onto the Very Vanilla circle.  This is the largest circle from the Everyday Details dies.


Paper measurements:
  • Lost Lagoon:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2"”, scored and folded at 1", and 5 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Very Vanilla:  enough to cut largest circle from Everyday Details dies
  • Inked Botanicals DSP:  (1) 7/8" x 5 3/8", (1) 3 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Finish off with a double bow of Linen Thread, and some of the Opaque Gems (from Sale-a-Bration 2024).  

Stamps:  Inked Botanicals
Ink:  Lost Lagoon
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Very Vanilla, Inked Botanicals Designer series paper
Other:  Everyday Details dies, Stampin' Write Markers (Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon), Linen Thread, Opaque Gems

I went last and used the Hello Ladybug and Biggest Wish stamps.  I REALLY thought we would all use this greeting set, because we all loved it so much.  hahaha!  That would have been awesome!   Anyway - I made a 4" x 6" card with a matching envelope.  I made a similar size card and envelope for my husband's birthday card earlier this week.  

I love the Hello Ladybug stamp set (which is sadly sold out now), but you can still make amazing bugs with just the punch (with is available at a discount through 4/30/2024!).

NOTE:  I did weight this card and envelope.  Even WITH the ribbon, it's still under 1 oz  Obviously you can't mail it with the ribbon tied around the envelope, but it will go through with just one stamp.  Yay!

Paper measurements:
  • Sweet Sorbet:  6" x 8", scored and folded at 4"
  • Basic White:  3 3/4" x 5 3/4", for inside of card
  • Bee Mine Designer Series Paper:  (1) 3 3/4" x 5 3/4", (1) 2" x 3 3/4"
  • Sweet Sorbet:  2 1/8" x 2 7/8"
  • Basic White:  2" x 2 3/4"
Envelope measurements:  (watch the video for assembly)
  • Bee Mine Designer Series Paper:  5" x 12"
  • Bee Mine Designer Series Paper:  2 1/2" x 5"
  • Sweet Sorbet:  5" x 3", scored at 2 1/2"
I popped up the wings on the ladybugs, and then glued their bodies flat to the card front.  Finished off with some Hearts & Flowers (sold out).

I just love the Biggest Wish greetings!  Made a couple of other cards too -  I made bees using a glue pen and gold embossing powder.  The black/gold swirl paper is from the Most Adored SAB paper pack.  I dragged a Tuxedo Memento ink pad all over the gold swirl paper.  Buff off the excess with a paper towel.  Then I used Basic Beige and Inked Botanicals DSP on the second one.  


Stamps:  Hello Ladybug, Biggest Wish
Ink:   Sweet Sorbet, Onyx (Versafine)
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet, Basic White, Bee Mine Designer Series Paper
Other:  Ladybug punch, Hearts & Flowers embellishments, Sweet Sorbet 1/4" Bordered Ribbon

I had such a good time hanging out and stamping with these girls!  I hope you enjoy our video, and ideas!

Next Thursday will be the first Thursday of the month, and I'll be sharing my May Workshop featuring all of the NEW In Colors!  

Reminders - 

Paper Sale info in case you've missed it before:  ToniStamps: Paper Share for 2024-2025 Annual Catalog!  

Also, my Retirement Sale is TOMORROW at 4:00pm ET on Facebook Only: https://fb.me/e/1qjkBp4Jf

Don't forget to Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop.  This month's code is good through 4/30/2024.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #gueststampers #stampwithfriends

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment