Sunday, March 3, 2024

Rip & Reveal Cards!

Hello once again friends!

I'm finally getting around to posting the cards that myself and some of my stamping friends made a few weeks ago using the Rip & Reveal Technique.  I've seen this called "Torn Paper" technique, which is perfectly fine, but I think "Rip & Reveal" is more descriptive of the end result.  Call it what you want!

If you need to see this technique in action, check out my video from 2/22 here.   It was the second project I did that night.

Here are the cards that I made that day.  Some I ripped to reveal a stamped greeting, and one I ripped to reveal the pretty paper.  I won't go into measurements and complete materials, but I will give a run down of what did for each card.


For this one, I ripped the Forever Love designer series paper, and gold-embossed a greeting on the Very Vanilla cardstock underneath it.


This was a fun one, and very simple!  Ripped the Stargazing papers to stamp a greeting from Reach for the Stars in black.  Pumpkin Pie cardstock is a nice shade of orange here.


For these two, I used the same pattern from the Perennial Lavender designer series paper.  Ripped the Crumb Cake cardstock on the left one, to reveal the paper.  Rip the lavender paper on the right one, to reveal the greeting.  Added an ink-blended butterfly  and some gems to both of them.


Here are some more cards from my friends.  I love the variety that we ended up with!

From Beth -  I love how she stamped the daffodils inside the ripped part!


From Peggy -  I love how she changed the direction of the rip, and ripped up.


Peggy's second card with a very vintage feel to it.


These last two are from Kay.  I love how the bird image were from recycled cards (I think!), and she added another strip of patterned paper on the right hand side.




I challenge you to try this technique!  It's fun and a neat way to show both sides of a sheet of paper.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #ripandrevealstampingtechnique

Gift certificates available anytime!

1 comment: