Sunday, February 18, 2024

You're a Rock Star!

Good evening Friends!

This past Thursday night, I shared some card and technique ideas using the Rock Star stamp set along with the Rock Legend Kit.  The Rock Legend Kit is a GREAT addition to anyone's stash - new or seasoned stamper.  There's no stamping with the kit...all the pieces are pre-printed.  Beginners, or younger stampers can be successful making some cards, OR seasoned stampers can mix these pieces in with traditional stamping or other paper craft projects.  I think it's a win-win!

I've also got a throwback to a favorite technique - Faux Tarnished Foil!  It's a stunning technique.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


The first card is a Squeeze Box card that I learned from my friend Sue (Krusin' Through Ink on Facebook).  I used one of the card kits for the base of this fun fold.  Cut the card base in half, and added a small embossed strip along the side.  I still used the pre-cut pieces that came in the kit, and the guitar, but I also added some stamped images.  

The guitar was pre-printed and colored in Coastal Cabana.  I re-colored over top of that with Tahitian Tide Stampin' Blends, and I think it looks great.  I also used the Dark Tahitian Tide Stampin' Blend to color the Coastal Cabana lightning doo-dads.  It makes them a little darker, which is what I wanted.


Paper measurements:
  • Rock Legend Card base:  cut in half
  • Basic Black:  1 1/4" x 5 1/2", embossed with Exposed Brick folder
  • Tahitian Tide:  4 3/4" x 11", scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4"
  • Tahitian Tide:  (2) 2 1/2" x 4 1/2", embossed with Exposed Brick folder
  • Basic White:  2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
  • Rock & Roll Designer Series Paper:  2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
  • Basic White:  scraps for stamping/cutting other bits
Here's a picture from the top so you see how it looks like a Squeeze Box -


And then the inside -  I just added a few stamped musical things to the inside to doll it up.  Stamped the insides of the front and back with the Of Art & Texture stamps, just so it's not plain.  


Add Clear Wink of Stella to the guitar on the front of the card for some extra razzle dazzle.

Stamps:  Rock Star, Of Art & Texture, Throughout the Year
Ink:  Tahitian Tide, Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper: Tahitian Tide, Basic Black, Basic White, Roll & Roll Designer Series Paper, Rock Legend Card Kit
Other:   Exposed Brick embossing folder, Stars & Lightning bolts, Tahitian Tide Stampin' Blends, Clear Wink of Stella marker

Next is my throwback technique - Faux Tarnished Foil!  I demonstrated this technique a few years back.  If you want to check out that video, you'll find it here.  I worked on two cards at the same time, using different embossing folders.  Didn't completely finish them during the video, but it was more about showing the Faux Tarnished Foil technique and stamping on the Holographic Foil.

Normally, you would start with Silver foil for this technique.  I've also used Gold and Copper.  I like them all.  Well, we don't have any Silver foil in the catalog, so I used the Holographic Foil from the Holographic Trio pack.  It's really cool!!!!

Since I used "silver" foil, I used Gold & Copper embossing powders for the technique.  I chose the Distressed Tile and Merry Melody embossing folders and I like them both...I think I like the distressed tile the best though.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Black:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic Black:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Holograph Trio foil:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8", plus scrap to stamp guitar/microphone
  • Basic Black:  scraps to emboss and cut/punch greetings
I colored the guitar with some Stampin' Blends, and that looks REALLY cool.  I think Bronze and another shade of brown.  Emboss the greeting in Copper, and I used some Black Sparkle Gems...which don't show up very well.  :(  The vellum pick came from the Rock Legend Kit.  Bring those pieces in when you can!


On this one, I embossed the greeting in Silver and punched out two different size circles to layer together.  I like how the music notes show up in the background.  I used the Clear Sparkle Gems on this one, which only stand out a little bit as well.  


I think this Tarnished Foil backgrounds are perfect with the musical images.

Stamps:  Rock Star, Throughout the Year
Ink:  Versamark, Black Staz-On
Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Holographic Trio Foil
Other:   Distressed Tile & Merry Melody embossing folders, Metallic embossing powders (silver/gold/copper),  2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Sparkle Gems, Stampin' Blends

The last card that I made was using another one of the card bases from the Rock Legend Kit.  This time, I scored that card base to make a Front Step Panel Pop-Up Card!  You should watch the video for the folding up part, although I did mess it up first.   Go by my measurements listed below. 

I added some Rock & Roll DSP, which I colored with Crushed Curry.  I used my rubber brayer and I like how much ink that puts on it.  I also brayered the card base sides that were showing...so they are yellow too.  Otherwise it was too much white.



Stamps:  NONE - this is all parts from the kit.
Ink:   Crushed Curry
Paper:  Basci Black, Rock & Roll Designer Series paper, Rock Legend Kit
Other:  Stars & Lightning bolts

Join me this Thursday for some Softly Stippled projects!  I'll be using several coordinating Sale-a-Bration items.   Don't forget that Sale-a-Bration ends Feb 29th!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #rocklegendkit #kitscollection #rockstar

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment