Saturday, February 24, 2024

Softly Stippled Projects

Greetings on Saturday evening folks!

I'm happy to share the projects that I made on Thursday night.  I used lots of this beautiful Softly Stippled Designer series paper, along with the coordinating Opaque Faceted Gems and Pool Party Crinkled ribbon.  I've got a new-to-me favorite technique that I'm calling Rip & Reveal...

Keep in mind - if these paper and colors are not YOUR jam, just substitute! Swap out for something else that you love.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


The first card is a fun Tri-fold, paired with the upcoming new bundle - Simply Zinnias.  I didn't have the old Stippled Rose stamp that I thought I had, so I had to improvise.  I think this flower goes well enough with this pattern.  

I colored the flower with regular Stampin' Write markers (NOT alcohol based).  Added Clear Wink of Stella all over the flower when I was finished coloring it in.

Paper measurements:
  • Pebbled Path:  5 1/2" x 11", scored at 3 3/8" from each end
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Softly Stippled Designer Series Paper:  (2) 3 1/8" x 5 1/4".  I used the sheet/pattern, just flipped one over
  • Pebbled Path/Basic White:  large scraps to die-cut circles. 
Here it is opened.

The greeting piece is glued down flat, and the flower is popped up.  Finish off with some of the Calypso Coral Opaque gems.

Stamps:  Simply Zinnia
Ink:  Pebbled Path, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Pebbled Path, Basic White, Softly Stippled Designer Series Paper
Other:   Stampin' Write Markers (Wild Wheat, Calypso Coral), Clear Wink of Stella marker

Next is what I'm calling the Rip & Reveal technique.  I found it online, mostly called "Torn Paper" technique.  I don't think that's quite as descriptive, so I'm calling it what I want - Rip & Reveal.  Seriously, we're ripping the paper to reveal what's underneath.  

I showed two different cards for this technique.  First, ripping the DSP, to reveal a stamped greeting.  Second, rip the actual cardstock, and then slide a scrap of DSP under to reveal the pretty paper.  

Add just a few punched out flowers with Pool Party gem centers to one, and a Paper Butterfly to the other.

Paper measurements:
  • Pool Party:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Softly Stippled DSP OR Basic White (depending on which version):  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Softly Stippled DSP (if you're doing the version on the right):  scrap big enough to glue under your top layer.
  • Basic White:  scraps to punch flowers
Here's a close-up of the first version.  I love the back side of that DSP showing on the rolled up bit.  After I used a small flower punch, I curled the petals up a little.  Be careful that you don't rip them right off!


And the second.  I ink blended the paper butterfly to add Pool Party color.  I think you'll be more successful inking up these paper butterflies if you try to keep them attached to the sheet they come in.  They're very delicate, so be careful that you don't rip their antennaes or wings off.


Stamps:  Heartfelt Hellos, Go To Greetings
Ink:  Versamark, Black Staz-On
Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Holographic Trio Foil
Other:   Distressed Tile & Merry Melody embossing folders, Metallic embossing powders (silver/gold/copper),  2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Sparkle Gems, Stampin' Blends

The third card is actually another card design that I got from Club Scrap!  Their resource section is full of great card ideas...they're not just for scrapbooking.  This is a slimline card...traditional size 3 1/2" x 8 1/2", but the COOL part is that it opens on the side!

I used an ink blending brush to softly color the flowers on this DSP print.  I ONLY wanted Pool Party, so I did not color any of the leaves.  Even the flowers are not perfectly colors - just loosely ink blended.

Glue down an embossed piece to the flap. Then tie the Pool Party ribbon around the DSP/Pool Party layer BEFORE you glue it down the Pebbled Path flap.

Paper measurements:
  • Pebbled Path:  3 1/2" x 11", scored at 8 1/2"
  • Pebbled Path:  2 1/4" x 3 1/4", embossed with Basics #1 folder
  • Basic White: 3" x 8", for inside of card
  • Pool Party:  3" x 8"
  • Softly Stippled DSP:  2 13/16" x 7 13/16"
  • Pool Party/Basic White:  scraps to stamp/cut greeting.
See how you open it from the side and see the Pool Party layer.  You could certainly add a pocket on this side, if you wanted to tuck in a gift card/check/money.  I think this is such a neat card design!


Stamps:  Heartfelt Hellos
Ink:  Pool Party
Paper: Pebbled Path, Pool Party, Basic White, Softly Stippled Designer Series paper
Other:   Pool Party 5/8" Crinkle Ribbon, Opaque Faceted Gems

The last project that I made is a little gift bag made out of a 9" x 12" piece of designer series paper.  I really wanted to add eyelets to the holes, so the handles will be more sturdy....but the eyelets I got at Hobby Lobby are junk.  They don't split nicely on the back side.  Other than that, I'm happy with the finished size of this bag:  4 1/2" tall x 5" side x 3" deep.  

You can see I created a hanging tag using the Tailored Tag dies and some Linen Thread.  Greeting and little chickie are from this month's Paper Pumpkin kit.  


Here is the pattern for cutting/scoring the dsp.  You'll need to watch the video for assembly.


And some pictures of the side and top views -


I added a 2 7/8" x 4 7/8" piece of Pool Party to the inside bottom of the bag. 


Stamps:  Sweet Springtime (Feb 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit)
Ink:   Pool Party, Chocolate Truffle (Taylored Expressions)
Paper:  Pool Party, Basic White, Softly Stippled Designer series paper
Other:  Tailored Tag dies, Stampin Write markers (Wild Wheat, Cinnamon Cider, Bumblebee), Pool Party 5/8" Crinkle ribbon

I hope you love these project designs.  Again - if these papers or colors aren't your thing - copy the design using your favorite papers or colors.  Make it your own!

Don't forget that Sale-a-Bration ends THIS coming Thursday, Feb 29th!  I'll be showing a few more projects using some more Sale-a-Bration products.  I have NOT made one thing with that beautiful bird paper yet, or anything with the fun Tool box paper.  Possibilities!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #saleabration2024 #softlystippled

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment