Saturday, January 27, 2024

Bee Mine Flip Book - Mini Album

Hello Crafty Friends!

I'm posting pictures of the Mini Flip Book that I made on Thursday night.  I've used just about everything from the Bee Mine Suite - the stamps, the punch, the papers, the ribbon, and the doo-dads.  All in a cute 6" x 6 1/4" Flip Book.  

There's no chipboard covers with this flip book.  No hinge system to make, no individual pages.  It's technically a folio, but no matter what we call it - it's an easy enough little book to make!

Ignore the fact that I glued my front cover flap on a little too far to the right.  :(  I'll have to live with it.  It's cute enough for a person.



Click HERE if the video below doesn't show up.


I'm not giving step-by-step instructions on how to build this - you'll need to watch the video for that.  But what I am going to post is two sets of paper measurements to cut/score.  

This first set here is the ORIGINAL measurements, using 12" x 12" cardstock for the book base.  These measurements will give you 1/4" spines on the left and right sides.  I put pictures, layered on Very Vanilla cardstock in my original flip book, and it is tight...The album is definitely a little puffy, so I wanted to increase those spine sizes a little bit when I modified the cut sheet.


This cut sheet is what I used to make the Bee Mine Flip Book during my video.  I modified the cut/score measurements to use 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock for the base, and to increase the side spines to 3/8".  It's a smidge taller.  I also added two pieces of embossed cardstock the front flap layers, which adds even more stability to the book.  Also changed up how I added the ribbon closures, and added a layer to the very back of the book, to cover where the ribbon is attached.


Here are pictures of all of the inside flips and flaps.  All I've added is designer series paper.  I did not add any pockets, tuck spots, or tags, but you could certainly add to your heart's content!   I will likely add more bees and doo-dads AFTER I add pictures and maybe some journaling. 









Very back cover has a layer of dsp and Petal Pink cardstock, which is covering up the ribbon.

Top view of the flaps.



Stamps:  Bee My Valentine bundle
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Petal Pink, Tuxedo Memento
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink, Basic White, Bee Mine Designer Series Paper
Other:  Mini Alphabet dies, Merry Christmas to All dies, Honeycomb embossing folder, Exposed Brick embossing folder, Sweet Sorbet 1/4" Bordered ribbon, Hearts & Flowers gems, Clear Wink of Stella

I hope you are inspired to create your own Flip Book!  I'd love to see different themes - colors and papers!

Join me this coming Thursday, Feb 1st for my February Virtual Workshop.  I'll be using the Notes of Nature bundle and Inspirational Sketches stamp set.  I think those will pair together nicely!  8pm ET on YouTube and Facebook, if you want to catch me live!


Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #flipbook #minialbum

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment