Sunday, December 17, 2023

Last Minute Gift Boxes - 3 sizes!

It's a dreary Sunday here today folks.  Fog earlier, then it was raining a little bit.  Perfect weather for staying inside though!

Today I'm sharing the gift boxes that I made Thursday night.  I love making boxes - and sticking to 8 1/2" x 11" is a bonus for you all.  99% of us have 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock, so I figured most everyone can make these boxes right now!  Change up the colors and papers to suit whatever theme you want!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First box is the biggest one, and will actually hold 5" x 7" cards and envelopes OR whatever else you can fit.  I like the dual purpose - gifting someone a box of cards is always a great gift, but it's also a very roomy box for other gifts.  

Finished size is 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 1 1/2" tall.  With these two-piece boxes, I like making the bottom piece taller than the top, so we can see both colors (if you use the same color cardstock for top and bottom - that's cool too.)


Pattern drawn out - notice that I cut the flaps/tabs on opposite directions for the bottom and top.


Paper measurements:
  • Night of Navy:  8 1/2" x 10 1/2", scored at 1 1/2" on all 4 sides
  • Pebbled Path:  8  1/16"x 10 1/16", scored at 1 1/4" on all 4 sides
  • Night of Navy:  4 3/16" x 6 3/16"
  • Tartan Foil Specialty/Pebbled Path:  4" x 6"
Side view of the box, so you can see the Night of Navy bottom showing under the Pebbled Path top piece.


Close-up of the tag.  Pebbled Path and Basic White circles for the base.  Pop up a truck, and add the greeting glued down flat.  Finish off with some Basic Rhinestones.


Stamps:  Trucking Along
Ink:  Pebbled Path, Night of Navy, Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper:  Pebbled Path, Night of Navy, Basic White, Tartan Foil Specialty Ppaer
Other:  2 1/2" and 2" circle punches, Basic Rhinestones, In Color (Pebbled Path) Jute Trim, Night of Navy 3/8" Bordered Ribbon

My second box finished size is 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" x 1 3/4" tall.  If you are guessing that this one will hold A-2 size cards, you are correct!  This one is a little bit taller than the first box.  Again - if you don't want a Christmas theme - change this up with different papers and stamps. 


Pattern drawn out -


Paper measurements:
  • Shaded Spruce:  8" x 9 1/4", scored at 1 3/4" on all 4 sides
  • Poppy Parade:  7 9/16" x 8 13/16", scored at 1 1/2" on all 4 sides
  • Shaded Spruce: 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Merry & Bright DSP:  3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
  • Shaded Spruce/Basic White/Poppy Parade:  scraps to cut tag pieces
Side view showing Shaded Spruce bottom, and Poppy Parade top.


Stamps:  Sending Cheer bundle
Ink:  Poppy Parade
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Poppy Parade, Basic White, Merry & Bright Designer Series Paper
Other:  Iridescent White ribbon, Basic Rhinestones

The last box is square.  Finished size is 5" x 5" x 1 3/4" tall.  I did not make this one in a holiday theme - only because I saw this 4" x 4" daisy print and had to use it!


Pattern drawn out -

Paper measurements:
  • Moody Mauve:  8 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 1 3/4" on all 4 sides
  • Bubble Bath:  8 1/16" x 8 1/16", scored at 1 1/2" on all 4 sides
  • Moody Mauve:  4 3/16" x 4 3/16"
  • Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series paper:  4" x 4"
Side view.  I didn't even tie any ribbon around this one.


Stamps:  None!
Ink:   None
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Moody Mauve, Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series paper
Other:  None

This coming Thursday - I will NOT be on-line.  I'm super behind on getting my Christmas cards out, and finishing up some stamped gifts.  I need all the time I can get.  I'll share some pics of my finished cards here on my blog.

BUT I will be back on Dec 29th with TWO GUEST Stampers!!!  My friends - Sue Kruse and Gail O'Neill - will be joining me.  It will be a FUN night!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #makeyourowngiftboxes

Gift certificates available anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment