Friday, December 29, 2023

Moose Half Notebook

Eek!  I'm late for work and didn't realize that I never hit submit on this blog post from LAST WEEK!  Doh!  I needed a new notebook to keep track of ALL the things that I have going on, plans, project ideas, you name it.  

I get these half-size composition notebooks at Walmart.  I usually see them when school supplies are out in August.  You could certainly use the regular size notebooks, and just use more paper to cover.

Watch this video from October 2021 to see how I cover these notebooks.

Watch THIS video to see how I make the inside pocket.

Front and back covers are the same as far as the designer series paper and that little strip of embossed cardstock.  Only the front has the extra decoration.  I knew I wanted to use the Earthen Elegance Designer series papers, but that was all I had in mind.  The die-cut moose was on my desk from another project, so I had to include that and then it took off from there.


I'm not going to give paper measurements, because your notebook may be slightly different.  I will tell you that I used Adhesive Sheets to add the designer series paper.  You get a smooth, even coverage with adhesive sheets, versus Tear & Tape or Sticky Strip (red line tape) like I've used previously.  You could also use just liquid glue and maybe smooth it out with your finger before you put the paper on the notebook.

Pocket that I make at the front of my book.  Again, watch that second video that I linked above to see how to make this roomy pocket.  It really holds A LOT of bits and pieces!  Stamped with an OLD set - DD Pinecones.  I like adding this pocket at the front of my notebooks, but you could put these in the middle and/or back of the book too. 


Inside front and back covers also have the same flat pocket.  These are very useful to hold a few pieces of paper or index cards. 


Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  DD Pinecones, Whit's Words (Unity Stamp Co), Crazy Talk (Tim Holtz)
Ink:   Pecan Pie, Copper Clay
Paper:  Basic Black, Copper Clay, Very Vanilla, Earthen Elegance Designer Series paper, Tartan Foil Specialty Paper
Other:  Countryside Corners dies, Distressed Tile embossing folder, Moose die (Taylored Expressions), Faceted Gems


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #coverednotebook

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment