Saturday, October 14, 2023

Trucking Along bundle - CUTE projects

Happy Rainy Saturday friends!

Today I'm sharing my Trucking Along projects from Thursday night.  I had a LOT of fun designing these, and of course...there were some oopsies.  All in all - they all turned out great though.  :)  This Trucking Along bundle has been in and out of stock several times, and all I can say is - it's available now...no idea for how long.   If you want it, get it SOONER rather than later.  You may miss out.

Link to the bundle in my store HERE.  Make sure you add this month's Ordering Code (MPZE9VGP) if you want to get the October Workshop kit.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First card is a different style of slider card.  You need a paper straw for the sliding mechanism on this one.  I absolutely love the All About Autumn designer series papers here - it makes the perfect background scene.   Unfortunately, these papers are out of stock again, until the week of Oct 23rd.  Check the store every few days - items are coming back in stock EARLY.

Anyway, you need some thread or baker's twine to string through your paper straw.  I used Linen Thread.


Paper measurements:
  • Early Espresso:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Copper Clay:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • All About Autumn Designer Series paper:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8", plus a strip of the off-cut flipped over and put on the bottom.
  • Basic White/Copper Clay:  scraps to stamp and punch out truck and greeting

I did not realize until AFTER my show that I was supposed to smash the paper straw flat-ish...that would alleviate the problem I was having with my truck tipping over.  Live and learn!


I finished off with some Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins

Stamps:  Trucking Along bundle, happy birthday (unknown Stampin Up set)
Ink:  Copper Clay, Tuxedo
Paper:  Early Espresso, Copper Clay, Basic White, All About Autumn designer series paper
Other:  Double Oval punch, Linen Thread, 1/8" hole punch, Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins, paper straw

My second project is a FUN implementation inspired by a t-shirt.  Happy HALLOTHANKSMAS!  Of course - I had to make a slimline card with this, just so all the letters can fit.  I used two similar style word sets to create the fun greeting:  Biggest Wishes and More Wishes.  

I stamped some seasonal background images in each area, and popped up the truck for each.  I LOVE THIS!!!  While I was making this, it occured to me that you can totally create the greeting with die-cut letters...make it easier on yourself.  But this is so cute...and a great alternative way to use your greeting stamps.  Think of the words you can spell out!


Paper measurements:
  • Wild Wheat:  8 1/2" x 7", scored at 3 1/2"
  • Basic White:  3 1/4" x 8 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic Black:  3 1/4" x 8 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3" x 8"
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp/punch out trucks and items for truckbed (pumpkin, flowers, tree)
I blocked off the top area of the card with darker paper, to help guide my letter placement..so they're all in a straight line.  I also started in the middle with "THANKS".  

Add Clear Wink of Stella to all of the windows on the trucks.

Finished off with some Iridescent Rhinestones.  I had lots of great suggestions for how to fill in that white space in the bottom right corner, but I didn't see them in time. 

Stamps: Trucking Along Bundle, Biggest Wishes, More Wishes, Pick of the Patch, Trees for Sale
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Wild Wheat, Copper Clay, Real Red, Boho Blue, Onyx (Versafine)
Paper:  Wild Wheat, Basic Black, Basic White
Other:  Iridescent Rhinestones, Wink of Stella

The last project is a WEE TINY little Truck box, to hold a few pieces of candy.  My idea was to put some Hershey's Nuggest inside, but I didn't have any.  Had to open some halloween candy and add these pumpkins for the picture.  So cute right?!


Paper measurements:
  • Real Red/Basic Black/Basic White:  scraps to punch out truck pieces
  • Real Red:  1 3/4" x 2 3/4", scored at 3/8" on all four sides to make the tiny box
When you punch all the pieces for your truck sides, take a sponge dauber and ink up ALL around the truck and wheel well pieces before you glue those together.  It just makes everything stand out a little more.  Tires get glued down before the wheel wells.

Here's a look of the side.  You can see I punched a half circle/thumb spot on the sides of the box lids.  

I think I ran Clear Wink of Stella on these windows as well.

Stamps:  NONE
Ink:   Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Basic Black, Basic White
Other:  Trucking Along punch, Clear Wink of Stella marker

I LOVE these projects, and hope you do too!   Remember - if you have a different little truck set, you can still make these, with just a few adjustments.  You might have to hand-cut your trucks.

This coming Thursday (8/19/2023), I'll have another Christmas Stamp-a-Stack class, probably using the Merriest of Trees bundle.  Class is free for all to watch.  If you want the class packet, you'll have until the following Thursday to sign up.  I have to have a short turn-around for these holiday classes, so that you can actually get your packets in time to make for Christmas.

Don't forget - Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and embellishment for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 10/30/2023.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #truckingalongbundle

Gift certificates available anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment