Saturday, October 7, 2023

Stargazing Pop Up Fan Fold Card! WOWWWW!!!!

Hi friends!  I hope you are enjoying World Card Making Day today, and getting crafty!  I've been watching Craft Roulette on YouTube for the past few hours, hanging out with them while I've been cleaning up my desk from Thursday night, worked on a few cards, and now I'm working on my blog.  Getting things accomplished today!

THIS card is actually from last weekend.  This Pop Up Fan Fold card idea came from my friend Sue - Krusin' Through Ink.  You'll have to watch her video for assembly and measurements.  This card took me two days to make, and in all honesty - I love how it turned out, but I will 100% NOT be making another one.  It's a lot, but I want you to try it out and see for yourself.  It may be right up your alley! 

This picture shows the belly band OFF...but you can imagine that astronaut lands right next to that planet.  It does cover up some of the letters, but that's okay.  I've used the Holographic Trio foil papers for my astronaut and some of the planets.  I love that stuff!  Die cut letters with an old letter die set and glue down flat.


This is the card open - (SORRY FOR THE SHADOWS) - you can see there is a LOT going on.  I started with the planet embossed layers first.  Put those down, then build and glue in the pop up fan folds.  Watch Sue's video for that part!!!  

Closer look at the inside top - I die cut some of the little starbursts from the holographic foil and added in the corners.  I cut all the planets from different papers and the circle included in the Reach for the Stars dies.  Embossed a few of them with some different folders, just to give texture and interest to the planets.

Look at the inside bottom - I stamped the space shuttle (and the astronaut) with Midnight ink from Catherine Pooler on some of the Holographic foil paper.  I dried the astronaut with my Mini heat tool, and the holographic paper started to cloud up from the heat.  I decided to let the space shuttle dry overnight, so the holographic would stay nice.


You may have noticed that there's no place to write a message in this card.  :(  My plan is to write a pretty lengthy letter to a friend's son.  I'll just fold that up and tuck in the belly band, on the back of the card.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Reach for the Stars bundle, Stellar Birthday
Ink:  Starry Sky, Parakeet Party, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Starry Sky, Parakeet Party, Pumpkin Pie, Basic White, Stargazing Designer Series paper, Holographic Trio Paper
Other:  Painted Textures and Basics #2 embossing folders, Grand Galaxy embossing folder (Memory Box C), Essentials dies, Playful Alphabet dies

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #pickofthepatch #aspendies #clothespin

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment