Sunday, September 24, 2023

Creative Projects with the Countryside Corners Dies

Good afternoon Crafty Friends!

I hope you've had a good weekend so far.  The constant drizzle yesterday was good weather for staying inside and crafting!  Today too, for that matter... hahaha!   On Thursday night, I had a great time showing you a few projects that you can make with the Countryside Corners dies.  Really though, you can make these with just about any die, or even on a smaller scale with a punch.  These were all inspired by a teeny tiny tag punch album that I made as a make-n-take at my friend's crop a month or so.  That got my brain going and came up with these projects - thanks Denise!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first project is an Accordian Fold Mini Album!  I used the LARGEST size of the Countryside Corners dies to make all of my "pages".   I cut my base pieces out of Pretty Peacock, and attach them all together using hinges that are also cut from Pretty Peacock.

Front cover/panel is where the ribbon closure is attached.  I used some left-over strips of the dsp, and a scrap of vellum to make the background.  Ripped all of those, and glued down flat.  Stamped and die cut tree layers from the Merriest of Trees bundle.  Finish the tree with several different sequins, rhinestones, and pearls.  (Note:  I decorate the front album cover LAST...after I've attached all the pages and glued in the DSP layers.)

I still have some room on the front cover to add a sentiment or date/year if I want to later.  I need to find up to 14 pictures from some Christmas in the past 50-odd years to put in this book.


Paper measurements:
  • Pretty Peacock:  (8) 3 5/8" x 5 1/4", cut with largest size Countryside Corners die
  • Walk in the Woods Designer Series Papers:  (8) 3 5/8" x 5 1/4" (again, cut with largest size Countryside Corners die), plus scraps for front cover
  • Pretty Peacock (HINGES):  (7) 3 1/4" x 1", scored in half at 1/2"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp/cut trees
I added the Walk in the Woods DSP panels to every other page.  One, because I don't want it so bulky, and two, most of it will be covered up by pictures anyway.


Flip over to the back side, and it looks similar to the front side.  Notice how you can see the hinges - that's just the nature of the beast.  I can either add more paper to cover them up, or put pictures there.


Since this is an Accordian Fold Mini Album - I can layer and bulk up each panel pretty much as high as I want.  The album will just fold up and is secured with the ribbon.  I love it!

Stamps:  Merriest of Trees bundle
Ink:  Pretty Peacock
Paper: Pretty Peacock, Basic White, Vellum, Walk in the Woods Designer Series paper
Other:  Countryside Corners dies, White 1/2" Iridescent Ribbon, Sequins Trio, Festive Pearls, Red Rhinestones

The second project is my FAVORITE, because it involves leaves.  I love making hanging banners like this.  For this banner, I cut the base panels out of Pebbled Path, using the second largest dies.  Then cut some Earthen Elegance Designer series paper from the third largest size dies.  Layer those.  Then I stamped and die-cut a bunch of leaves, and letters.

In the video, I show you how to stamp and die-cut the leaves QUICKER, using Press N' Seal plastic and a stamparatus.  Check it out.  

Once you have all your leaves, and letters, it's just a matter of glueing down leaves, and popping up the letters.  I used the Foam Adhesive Strips to pop up the letters.


Paper measurements:
  • Pebbled Path:  (6) 3 1/4" x 4 3/4", cut with SECOND largest size Countryside Corners die
  • Earthen Elegance Designer Series paper:  (6) 2 3/4" x 4 1/4", cut with THIRD largest size Countryside Corners die
  • Basic White:  plenty to stamp/die-cut leaves
  • Copper Clay:  scrap to die cut small letters (GIVE)
  • Early Espresso:  scraps to die cut larger letters

Once you have all your panels decorated, staple on to Pebbled Path Textured ribbon.  Finish off with some In Color Dots.

Stamps: Autumn Leaves bundle
Ink:  Pebbled Path, Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Early Espresso
Paper:  Copper Clay, Early Espresso, Pebbled Path, Basic White, Earthen Elegance Designer Series paper
Other:   Countryside Corners dies, Playful Alphabet dies, Large Letter dies, Pebbled Path Textured Ribbon, 2023-2025 In Color Dots, stapler

The last project was more of a show-and-tell.  I already had this one done, and it's the same principle as the Mini Album, only it's made to stand up on the table.  A Table-top banner.  I cut (6) panels of Sweet Sorbet, then cut and covered with Country Gingham Designer Series paper - which WAS on the Clearance Rack when I made this...but didn't last long.  :(

I explained some whoopsies that I made.  I glued my hinges on the panels flush with the edges...that made them too close.  When I then covered the cardstock with DSP, the DSP buckles in the valleys.  

I covered the front of each panel, then added some Lasting Label punched out bits that I then embossed with various folders.  


Paper measurements:
  • Sweet Sorbet:  (67) 2 3/4" x 4 1/4", cut with THIRD largest size Countryside Corners die
  • Country Gingham Designer Series paper:  (6) 2 3/4" x 4 1/4", cut with THIRD largest size Countryside Corners die
  • Sweet Sorbet (HINGES):  (5) 2 3/4" x 1", scored in half at 1/2"
  • Sweet Sorbet:  scraps punched with Lasting Label punch
  • Petal Pink:  scraps, die cut with Alphabet a la Mode dies
  • Petal Pink and Sweet Sorbet:  scraps to punch various hearts
See the different embossing folders that I used.  Also stamped "LOVE" in Petal Pink, and layered with Sweet Sorbet.


Picture of the other end.  More embossing folders, and stamped "YOU" in Sweet Sorbet and layered with Petal Pink.


Hopefully you can see that I added a lot of Red Rhinestones.  I also hit most of the punched out hearts with the Clear Wink of Stella marker.

Stamps:  More Wishes
Ink:  Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet
Paper:  Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet, Country Gingham Designer Series Paper
Other:  Countryside Corners dies, Alphabet a la Mode dies, Lasting Label punch, embossing folders (Tree Rings, Basics #2, Basics #3, Distressed Tile), retired heart punches, Red Rhinestones

I hope you're inspired to copy some of the projects.  The hanging banner or table-top accordian fold would be perfect to spell out names.

This coming Thursday (9/28), I'll be sharing some more "fall" ideas with Pick of the Patch, and probably the leaves again.  Tune in!

Don't forget to click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and embellishment with your qualifying purchase.  This month's code is good through 9/30/2023.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #countysidecornersdies #countrysidecornersminialbum #countrysidecornersbanner

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment