Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Craft Roulette Challenge #182 - Boho Blue Bird

It's been a while since I've done a process video for an episode of Craft Roulette, so I hope you like this one.  I'm not thrilled that I can see the glue through the vellum, but that's how it goes sometimes.  :(

Find Craft Roulette on YouTube @CraftRoulette and play along when you can!  Every week is different and lots of fun!  Some weeks require a little more thought as to how you will meet the parameters - but that's good!


Episode #182 parameters, and how I met them:
  • Project:  Card with Circle(s).
  • Colors:  Vegetable Garden - my Boho Blue and Wild Wheat are from scarecrows, which are found in vegetable gardens.
  • Element:  Screen(s) - embossed my piece of vellum with a screen-like folder
  • Random: Fuzz - I crocheted some fuzzy trim to frame my card.
I had fun getting out my crochet hooks to make this border.  I took the Boho Blue Jute Trim and make about a 20" long chain stitch.  In fact, I used up MOST of my Boho Blue Jute Trim - nice!

Watch my process video if you'd like!


Paper Measurements:
  • Boho Blue:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Boho Blue:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", cut with largest Deckled Rectangles die
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Vellum:  4" x 4", cut with Deckled Circle die
  • Basic White Thick:  scraps to stamp/die-cut bird and branch
  • Shimmery White:  scrap to stamp/die-cut greeting tag
On the Deckled Rectangle layer, I glued down my vellum embossed circle first.  Then, I glued down my Boho Blue crocheted chain stitch down with Fabri-Tac.

Add the branch and greeting, and the pop up the bird.

Finish off with some Champagne Rhinestones.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Perched in a Tree, Quiet Meadows
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper: Boho Blue, Basic White, Vellum
Other: Deckled Circle dies, Deckled Rectangle dies, Basics #2 embossing folder, Stampin' Write markers (various), 2023-2025 In Color Jute Trim, Crochet Hook (G size), Champagne Rhinestones

Looking forward to Friday with another set of parameters to work with!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #craftroulettechallenge #craftroulettelive

Gift certificates available anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment