Monday, August 14, 2023

We all need Sympathy cards

Hi Friends,

I've had to make five sympathy cards in the past 2 weeks, and that makes me sad.  I do like to keep a few sympathy cards on hand, but I must have wiped out my stash a while ago and not noticed.  This first batch was made with some brighter colors - Sympathy cards don't have to be dark and sad.  You can even put bling on them!  It's okay!  

I had my Darling Details stamps out two weeks ago, so I made this first back using some masking and three colors.  Very simple layering - just the one layer popped up on the card base.


Paper Measurements:
  • Basic White Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4"

Finished off with some Basic Rhinestones.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Kindest Expressions, Darling Details
Ink:  Sweet Sorbet, Poppy Parade, Berry Burst, Balmy Blue, Pretty Peacock, Pool Party, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Basic White (Thick and Regular)
Other:  Basic Jewel Rhinestones

The next batch I made have a completely different color palette.  I wanted something more muted this time, and I love how these turned out.  Again, very simple one layer popped up on the card base.  Added some Solid Gems in Copper Clay, which actually looks good with the Pecan Pie.  It's obviously not an exact match, but close enough.


Paper Measurements:
  • Basic Vanilla Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4"

Finished off with some Basic Rhinestones.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Kindest Expressions, Inked & Tiled
Ink:  Pecan Pie, Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Basic Vanilla (Thick and Regular)
Other:  Solid Gems (Copper Clay)

Thanks for stopping by!  Tune in to YouTube or Facebook this Thursday if you want to see how I prep unmounted stamps (these are just raw rubber that I bought), and I'll even show how I change wood-mount stamps over to cling.   After all that fun, I'll make one quick LITTLE Book Box to correct an instruction faux pas that I made last week.

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #sympathycards

Gift certificates available anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment