Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Craft Roulette Challenge #176 - Sweet Summer!

Happy Hump Day Crafty Friends!  It's a little past my bedtime, but I'm getting this one thing finished before I hit the sack.  I missed getting my Craft Roulette challenge card done last week, so I really wanted to make sure it happened this week.  I really enjoyed this week's parameters.  I knew exactly which stamp I was going to use when I saw the Fruit element.  

Find Craft Roulette on YouTube @CraftRoulette and play along when you can! 


Episode #176 parameters, and how I met them:
  • Project:  Split in the middle.  I did a diagonal split.  Embossed the pieces and popped them up.
  • Colors:  Jolly.  What's jollier than red and green?
  • Element: Fruit.  You'd think this would be harder, but I just got the Unity Kit of the Month, July 2023 and it had this watermelon on a stick.  PERFECT!
  • Random: Heart.  You might not be able to see it, but there is a teeny tiny heart inside the "o" in "You".  I colored it with a Poppy Parade marker.
This paper with the yellow seeds was perfect..I think they're supposed to be strawberry seeds, but it worked for me.  I wish I could remember the name of it, and I only have scraps left.

Paper Measurements:
  • Poppy Parade:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4"
  • Fruit Designer series paper:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Poppy Parade:  4" x 5 1/4".   I cut the middle part out first, then embossed the two triangles separately.
  • Old Olive:  scrap to punch with Decorative punch
  • Basic White:  2" circle
  • Shimmery White:  scraps to stamp and hand-cut watermelon slices

I colored my watermelon slices with a few different shades of Stampin' Blends - Pecan Pie, Old Olive, Poppy Parade, and Sweet Sorbet.  Cut them out, and then ran Clear Wink of Stella all over the red part.

I finished off with a few Iridescent Rhinestones.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Anchored by Love (Unity Kit of the Month, July 2023), Everyday Expressions
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Basic White, Shimmery White, random Designer series paper
Other:  Cane Weave embossing folder, Decorative punch, 2" circle punch, Stampin' Blends (listed above), Iridescent Rhinestones

Tune in to Craft Roulette on YouTube this Friday night for NEW parameters!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!


Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #craftroulettechallenge #craftroulettelive

Gift certificates available anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment