Sunday, August 20, 2023

Gift Card Size Book Box and How to handle Unmounted Stamps

Good Evening Crafty Friends!

I hope you had a good weekend.  I’m wrapping up mine by finally updating my blog with Thursday night’s projects. If you’ve watched my video, you recall that I spent the first 15 or 20 minutes going over how I deal with uncounted stamps - these are raw rubber.  Short answer:  I use EZ Mount Cling Foam!  I do the same thing when I’m converting wood stamps to cling.  I rip my rubber stamps right off the wood blocks - I don’t even bother to heat them up in the microwave.  Rip them off, make sure there’s no glue residue on the back, and then stick them on the cling mount foam (One side is SUPER STICKY).  

Once I demonstrated both of those, I made these two little things.  A Card and another Book Box - this teeny tiny Book Box is the perfect size to hold Gift Cards! 

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first project is an easy card using the POOL stamps that I mounted during my video.  Pool papers are from years ago.  I got them from my friend Nikki’s store in Minnesota - Nikki’s Scrapbook Nook!  Very simple layer of designer paper, then I stamped and hand-cut the pool rack/etc/greeting and popped them up.

Paper measurements:
  • Starry Sky:  5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Pool ball paper:  4” x 5 1/4”
  • Basic White/Starry Sky:  scraps to stamp and cut pool stuff and greeting
The pool rack/ball/stick and greeting are all popped up.

Stamps:  Pool stamps (DRS Designs)
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Starry Sky
Paper: Starry Sky, Basic White, pool ball background paper (unknown)
Other:  Stampin’ Blends markers (various)

The second project is a Gift Card size Book Box!  It’s so cute!!!  Change this little ditty up for any season or occasion.  

The box INSIDE of the book is 2 1/2” x 3 3/4” x 1”.  Finished Book cover is 2 3/4” x 4 1/4” x 1”.

Add your ribbons to the front and back book covers BEFORE you add those dsp/cardstock layers.  This way, the end of the ribbon is buried under that layer for more sturdiness.


Paper measurements. (See pattern below list):
  • Sweet Sorbet (BOX):  6 1/2” x 7 3/4", scored at 1" and 2" on ALL FOUR SIDES. (watch video for assembly)
  • Sweet Sorbet (BOOK cover): 4 1/4” x 6 1/2", scored on long side at 2 3/4” and 3 3/4”.
  • Sweet Sorbet: (2) 2 1/2” x 4”
  • Sweet Sorbet DSP:  2 1/2” x 3 3/4”
  • Sweet Sorbet:  2 1/2” x 3 3/4”, to layer on back cover
  • Sweet Sorbet: 2 1/2" circle punch
  • Basic White: 2 3/8” circle, stamped with greeting
  • Basic White Thick:  scrap to stamp and hand-cut cupcake

Open the book box and see how everything fits inside, with plenty of room for a little card and maybe some little candies or fun jewelry.  You could wrap the gift card in some tissue paper if you want to be fancy.


I finished off with some sequins that are apparently no longer in the Clearance Rack.  :(  Use whatever you have that looks great with your paper choices.

Stamps:  Circle Sayings
Ink:  Early Espresso, Sweet Sorbet
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet, Basic White (Thick and Regular), Old In Color/Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper
Other:  2 3/8" and 2 1/2" Circle punches, Stampin' Blends (various colors), 

Join me THIS Thursday for some more projects focusing on the Circle Sayings bundle.  I was so excited to get that out of the new Annual Catalog...and then promptly did not much of anything with it.  Sound familiar??  :)

Don't forget to click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and embellishment.  This month's code is good through 8/31/2023.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #giftcardbookbox #circlesayings

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment