Sunday, March 12, 2023

St. Patricks' Day Projects - including 5" x 8 1/2" Folio Album Tutorial

Happy Spring Forward???  I'm never thrilled with time changes, but here we are again.  I do apologize for not getting these measurements and such posted until now.   Last Thursday, I made a few St. Patrick's Day themed projects hoping you already have something in your stash that you could use if you wanted to get some cards or something out soon.  

The Folio Album was my favorite project out of all of these.  If you are ONLY interested in seeing how that is made, you should skip the first 34 minutes of the video.  I've got additional pictures in this blog post, showing all the pages after I added shamrocks and Gilded Gems to all of them.  I love this little book!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First project is a card using a flower set to make four-leaf clovers.  The Flowers of Friendship is perfect and has a coordinating punch!  I also wanted to show that you can use ANY shade of green for your St. Patrick's Day projects - they're YOUR creations, use whatever color you want.  I went with a softer scheme with this card.  Also added a Stitched Greenery background layer for some more interest.

I do show you how to arrange your stamps on the block, so that you can quickly stamp a set of flowers that perfectly matches the punch.  Easy to punch them all out quickly.  I made a template with my punch to help.


Paper measurements:
  • Soft Succulent:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Soft Succulent:  4" x 5 1/4", cut with Stitched Greenery die
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of the card
  • Evening Evergreen:  3 1/2" x 3 1/2", cut with largest scallop circle die
  • Basic White:  3" x 3", cut with circle die
  • Soft Succulent:  scraps to stamp/punch flowers
Stamp and punch out all your flowers.  Arrange them around the popped up scallop/circle greeting.

I finished off with some In Color Opal Rounds - I like that they are glittery!

Stamps:  Flowers of Friendshipo
Ink:  Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, Basic White
Other:  Flowers & Leaves punch, Stitched Greenery die, Layering Circles dies, 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds

Second project is a jumbo tag, and I went BRIGHT with this one.  Parakeet Party - it looks almost yellow in my video.  :(  This tag is pretty large - 4" x 6".  Big enough to add a picture to the back, or add some journaling and tuck it in a book.  Lots of options.

I layered some In Color Designer Series paper on Parakeet Party cardstock.  Stamp some shamrocks on the designer series paper first - tone-on-tone.  It barely shows up in the picture.  Then I stamped "HAPPY" on a piece of Parakeet Party cardstock, again tone-on-tone.  You might be able to see that I messed up and didn't have a scrap piece of paper under my stamping...I did it right on the dsp!  Crikes!  Covered most of it up, but it's still there.  

Stamp some shamrocks, tone-on-tone Parakeet Party and hand-cut.


Paper measurements:
  • Parakeet Party:  4" x 6"
  • 2022-2024 In Color Designer Series Paper:  3 7/8" x 5 7/8"
  • Shaded Spruce:  2 3/4" x 4 1/4"
  • Parakeet Party:  2 1/2" x 4"
  • Parakeet Party: scraps to stamp and hand-cut shamrocks
  • Basic White and Shaded Spruce:  scraps to stamp/hand-cut greeting

Some shamrocks are popped up, some are glued down flat.  Finish off with some Parakeet Party Metallic ribbon and rhinestones.

Stamps:  Lucky Clover, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Parakeet Party, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Parakeet Party, Shaded Spruce, Basic White, 2022-2024 In Color designer series paper
Other:  jumbo eyelet, Parakeet Party Metallic ribbon, Basic Rhinestone jewels

My third project is my absolute favorite from this week, and is a little more involved.  This 5" x 8 1/2" Folio Album should have been a video all to itself, but I wanted to get this idea out there for all of you.  I had (10) pictures to work with, and I did not cut them down at all.  

This folio has a 5/8" main spine, and then two fold-ins have 1/4" spines each, WITH another flip-in on each side.  This thing flips outward 3 times.  I love it!!!

I'm going to give you measurements, but you'll need to watch the video for assembly.  Pictures of each page are below as well.


Paper measurements for my Lucky Friends Folio:
  • Shaded Spruce Folio base pieces:  (2) 8 1/2" x 10 7/8",  scored on the long side at 5", 5 1/4", and 10 1/4"
  • Shaded Spruce Front and Back covers:  (2) 4 3/4" x 8 1/4"
  • Pumpkin Pie:  4 3/4" x 4 3/4"
  • Parakeet Party:  4 3/4" x 4 1/2", embossed with Timeworn Type folder
  • Flowers & More Designer Series paper:  (6) 4 3/4" x 8 1/4"
  • Parakeet Party: (6) 4 1/4" x 6", to mount photos on
  • Shaded Spruce Tip-Ins:  (2) 4 1/2" x 6, scored on short side at 4 1/4" to give a 1/4" flap to attach to base.
  • Pumpkin Pie/Parakeet Party/Basic White:  enough to stamp and cut shamrocks, letters and numbers, and stamped greetings
For the very front cover, I die cut two sets of the letters and glued them together - just to make them a little sturdier to work with.  I wasn't going for a 3-d look.  In the video, I glued all of the shamrocks down flat on the cover, but then I changed my mind and added more larger shamrocks popped up on top of the originals.

Ribbon closures need to be glued to front and back of the book BEFORE you glue down the covers.

Now for pictures of all the pages.  This is when you open the book up.  You see the 5/8" spine there in the middle.  Then each one of these sides flips out some more.


Left side flipped out - see the tip-in on the very left.


Tip in, tipped out.

Right side flipped out.  I added the year with A La Mode dies, and the date with a label maker.


Flipped out again.

I added plenty of shamrocks and Gilded Gems throughout the book.  I love this size, and the fact that it's so roomy.  I did not add any pockets or tuck spots, but there's plenty of room to do that.

Stamps:  Lucky Clover, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Parakeet Party, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Parakeet Party, 
Other:  Cane Weave embossing folder, Flat-Backed Pearls

Take these measurements and make a folio for another occasion!  Just change up the colors and papers.  I hope you enjoyed my projects this week!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet for my March Virtual workshop featuring the Queen Bee bundle.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #stpatricksdaycrafts #foliotutorial #minialbumtutorial

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment