Saturday, December 17, 2022

Gifties! Just in time for those last minute gifts!

Welcome Friends!

My video this past Thursday night was all about "gifties" that you can make, using things that you may already have at home, or that you can easily acquire.  These aren't all holiday-themed, but intended to give as gifts.  Gifties are little somethings that you can give to friends (especially your CRAFTY friends who will greatly appreciate them), family, co-workers, neighbors, teachers, etc...anyone who could use a little something.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First project is dear to my heart - a notepad and matching pen set.  I LOVE NOTEBOOKS, notepads, journals, sticky notes...anything I can write in or on.  This is a 5" x 8" notepad, which I'm pretty sure I got at Walmart.  I have a stack of these on hand at all times.  

It's a simple job to cut and wrap some designer series paper around it.  The pen is RSVP pen by Pentel.  These are my favorite pens.  I love how they write, and they are so easy to unscrew the bottom, and insert a rolled up piece of designer series paper.


Pattern that I drew out, to help figure out what size DSP you need.  Measure your own notepad.


Note that I wrote down 7/8" x 3 1/4" for the inside of the pen...WRONG.  It's really 3/4" x 3 1/4".  I had to trim some off of mine, to get it to roll up to fit inside the barrel of the pen.

Here's the back side of the notepad.


The only stamping that I did was that little bit at the top.  I hand-cut it and glued it down flat.

Stamps:  Go To Greetings
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper: Basic White, Happy Forest Friends Designer Series paper
Other: Brushed Metallic Dots, Old Olive and Sahara Sand Twill Ribbon Combo Pack

Second project is a mini picture display using coasters.  I got these particular coasters from a bar years ago.  You can certainly buy blank coasters, but why???  If you're going to cover them with paper anyway, it doesn't matter what's underneath.   These are just over 4 1/4" square.  Pull some favorite pictures and papers and make your own picture display!


Cover the back with Night of Navy cardstock, and the front with Fitting Florets designer series paper.   I rounded the corners with my corner chomper.


Paper measurements:
  • Night of Navy:  4 3/16" x 4 3/16" (2)
  • Fitting Florets Designer Series paper:  4 3/16" x 4 3/16" (2)
  • Polished Pink:  3 3/16" x 3 3/16"
  • Pictures:  3" x 3"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp/cut greeting
Add your pictures, and THEN punch the holes and tie them together with some ribbon.

The only stamping I did was the little greeting.  You could do more depending on YOUR picture/paper/doo-dad choices.

Finish off by gluing on some of the Loose Flower Flourishes.  These come in a mix of Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, and Polished Pink.  I used them all.

Stamps:  Shaded Summer
Ink:  Polished Pink, Night of Navy
Paper:  Polished Pink, Night of Navy, Basic White, Fitting Florets designer series papers
Other:  Denim ribbon, Loose Flower Flourishes

The last giftie idea is a box full of treats inside of a Love, Santa treat bag.  These bags are 4" x 9" and gusseted, so they are pretty roomy.  I will admit - I made my box a WEE BIT too big.  It fits though.  Fill the box with treats and candy - add whatever you want (gift cards, socks, tie, food, miniatures, etc.  Then slide the filled box into the bag.  I folded the bag top over a few times and stapled shut.


Pattern showing that I cut my cardstock 7" x 8", and scored at 1 1/2" on each side. 


Box full of treats - you can see there is still plenty of room to add a few more bits.



Wrap it in some Iridescent Trim and a tag from the November Paper Pumpkin kit, and it's finished!

Paper:  Cherry Cobbler

No stamping or doo-dads, other that the Iridescent Trim.

I really hope that you find these "giftie" ideas helpful for any time of the year - not just Christmas.  But let's face it - Christmas is a week away, and you might need a quick little something for someone!

This coming Thursday, I'll be working on some thank yous.  I still have a bunch that I need to send out, and you can certainly change out the greetings for something more suitable to your needs.


Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet for the December workshop (which aired last week).

Check out my Paper Share here.  Google form/sign up link is in the blog post.  

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #diygifties #notepads #treatbox

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment