Saturday, December 31, 2022

December 2022 Guest Stamper!

Happy New Year's EVE Friends!

I had SO MUCH FUN on Thursday night.  I had my first guest stamper join me in my Live - my friend Sue Kruse - Krusin' Through Ink on Facebook!  Sue and I met at our first Stampin' Up Convention in 2001.  It was in Las Vegas, and it was both of our first conventions.  She's a great stamper, and I love her to pieces.  We did practice the technology aspects all week before we went live, but it's not perfect.  Just like us.  HAHA!  No, but seriously - I know we have some sound issues to work out for the next time.

We picked two stamp sets that we both have - Friends are Like Seashells and Ranunculus Romance, and then we both made 2 cards using those.  I demo'd my first card live, and then Sue showed hers using that same set after.  Then Sue demo'd her second card, and I shared mine afterwards.  It was really a lot of fun, and very engaging conversation with the audience.  We couldn't figure out how to get Sue to be able to see comments, so that's another thing we need to figure out.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


I started us off with the Friends are Like Seashells set.  I made a 4" x 6" card, just for something different.  Tahitian Tide was my main color, with some Balmy Blue and Crumb Cake thrown in.  Designer papers are from the Tea Shop pack.  Honestly, the tea cups didn't really do it for me, but I love the B side of all these papers. There are some really great stripes, polka dots and patterns.  I ripped the designer series paper by hand, then stamped some leaves from Botanical Layers and Friends are Like Seashells on it, with Tahitian Tide ink.

Stamp seashells in the different colors and cut out.  I went back over them with Wink of Stella to A) make them shimmer!, and B) to try to draw some of the color out from the edges to give a slight watercolor effect.  Didn't turn out according to plan, but I think if I had done the Wink of Stella right after I stamped - while the ink was still wet - it would have worked.  Live and learn, right?

I tied three different ribbons together and added that to the card front before I started laying down all the shells.


Close up of the shells - some are glued down flat, and some are popped up.  I don't think all the shimmer is showing in the picture.  ALL of the shells are totally covered in Wink of Stella!


Paper measurements:
  • Tahitian Tide:  6" x 8", scored and folded in half at 4".
  • Tea Shop Designer series paper (Tahitian Tide polka dots):  6" x 6", hand-ripped to size
  • Basic White:  3 3/4" x 5 3/4", for inside of card
  • Basic White:  1/2 sheet or so to stamp and cut out all the shells
  • Tahitian Tide:  1" x 3" for greeting
The greeting was embossed in white on Tahitian Tide cardstock, then I ripped the edge...that was tricky, because my piece of paper was too small.  I got it though!  Popped it up.  Finished off with some Seasonal Sequins and Iridescent Pearls.

Stamps:  Friends are Like Seashells, Good Feelings, Botanical Layers
Ink:  Tahitian Tide, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Versmaark
Paper: Tahitian Tide, Basic White, Tea Shop Designer Series paper
Other: White embossing powder, Tahitian Tide 1/8" Shimmer ribbon, Pool Party 3/8" Sheer Ribbon, Linen Thread, Seasonal Sequins, Iridescent Pearls

Sue made an Easel Card!  Funny story with her card - it was supposed to be a regular A2 card, but she mounted the layers wrong, and it was a left-handed card.  :)  So she cut that off and grabbed another card base, which was an Easel card.  Nice!  I love the embossed background, and all the layers.

She also used some of the Distressed Gold paper to cut/emboss some shells and leafy bits.  Pair it with the Texture Chic papers - gorgeous!


Easel card standing up - love that big distressed gold shell as the stopper!


I don't have her measurements, but she did finish the card off with some Gold pearls.

Stamps:  Friends are Like Seashells
Ink:  Versamark
Paper: Petal Pink, Basic White, Distressed Gold, Texture Chic Designer Series paper
Other: Seashells dies/embossing folder, Gold embossing powder, Festive Pearls (gold)

For our third card, Sue made this beauty using Ranunculus Romance.  She started off with a Gray Granite card base, and stamped some of the images all over to make a nice vintage-y looking background.  Die cut some leaves/greenery in Petal Pink and Gray Granite.  Add a piece of Sun Prints Designer Series paper for interest.

Stamp and die-cut the flower, then she colored in with the Light Calypso Coral and Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends markers.  That Coral really does match with the Petal Pink.  


Paper measurements:
  • Gray Granite:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Sun Prints Designer Series paper:  2" x 4 1/2"
  • Petal Pink and Gray Granite:  scraps to die cut leaves
  • Basic White:  enough to stamp/cut the flower bunch and greeting

Finish off with Champagne Rhinestones - those are SO versatile!  They really coordinate with a lot of colors.

Stamps:  Ranunculus Romance
Ink:  Gray Granite
Paper: Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Basic White, Sun Prints Designer Series paper
Other: Ranunculus dies, Light Calypso Coral and Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends, Champange Rhinestones

Our last card was my creation using the Ranunculus Romance bundle...I only used the greeting from the stamp set!  The rest was cut out from the dies, and some extra leaves from the Bough Punch.

I started off with four pieces from the Tea Shop designer series paper - again, using the B side.  Glued those down to a piece of Crumb Cake, then ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Hive embossing folder.  Then I took an Early Espresso Stampin' Spot (the little cubes) and rubbed across all of the raised up bits.  This makes that Hive pattern really show up.  Then I ink blended around the edges.  

I die cut the flower from Fresh Freesia, and then smashed my ink pad directly on the detailed layer before I glued it together.  So dark!  I recently reinked those In Color pads, so they're really juicy.  Add some Parakeet Party greenery (die cut from the Ranunculus dies) and the Garden Green leaves.  Pop that all up


Paper measurements:
  • Crumb Cake:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Crumb Cake:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Crumb Cake:  3 3/4" x 5"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Fresh Freesia/Parakeet Party/Garden Green/Crumb Cake:  scraps to die cut/punch flower pieces, greenery, and greeting bit
Finish off with plenty of Iridescent Rhinestones, and one of the Open Leaf trinkets.

Stamps:  Ranunculus Romance 
Ink:  Early Espresso, Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, Parakeet Party, Garden Green, Basic White, Tea Shop designer series papers
Other:  Ranunculus dies, Hive embossing folder, Iridescent Rhinestones

We had a LOT of fun and laughter during this video, and I hope you enjoy our cards.  

Don't forget about my 2023 January - April Catalog Paper Share (sign up and payment due by 1/3/2023): https://forms.gle/n6n3czZN4buJjxmL6

This coming Thursday, January 5th is my January 2023 Virtual Workshop, featuring the Country Lane bundle, AND it's also the day that the January - April and Sale-a-Bration catalogs go live!  Those catalogs will be available on-line then.  You can view them from my Catalogs page


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #friendsarelikeseashells #ranunculousromance

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment