Sunday, November 20, 2022

From the North Pole - November 2022 Paper Pumpkin Kit and Alternatives

 I can't believe I finally have time to post a project other than my weekly videos!  This is awesome!  These projects are what I made from our most recent Paper Pumpkin kit, From the North Pole.  We knew ahead of time that this kit would make (12) tags.  I KNEW I would not be interested in that many tags, and it's Christmas card making crunch time, so....cards.

I did not use every single bit, piece, die cut, snowflake, or punch out from the kit.  I made what I wanted to make and that was good enough for me.  I did throw out a few pieces, but I'm totally okay with it.  I find that if I continually save every single scrap, die cut, or punched out bit - I keep them in a pile, then a box, then something else, and never use them.  I'm trying to be more proactive and tossing what I'm not going to use immediately.  NO REGRETS!  :)

Here are the original tags, as designed.  Well, close to "as designed".  There were no ribbons or twine to actually HANG the tags, so I added some for that.  All I added was Silver-Threaded Twine, and then some Snowflake Splendor ribbon.  The tags themselves are as originally designed.


Now let's look at the cards that I made.  This first batch is from the main reindeer stamp itself.  Original tag in the center.  That stamp is really BIG!  2 1/2" circle punch fits it!  Here, I stamped them all on the Shaded Spruce scallop die-cuts that were provided.  On the Shaded Spruce card, I stamped the reindeer in Shaded Spruce, hand-cut it, and mounted it on top of the Cherry Cobbler stamped image.  

Added some tone-on-tone embossed backgrounds to these.  Notice I didn't use all of the green shimmery flags.


Inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Whimsical Trees embossing folder, Merry Melody embossing folders, Snowflake Splendor ribbon, Holiday Rhinestones.

I think I might like these the best - I think it's the non-traditional colors, Crumb Cake and Mint Macaron.  The original tag, and then my 3 cards.  Added some more tone-on-tone embossing folder backgrounds.  Swiped a little White Craft ink on the Crumb Cake Snowflake card.  Used the tag bases on all of the cards, and again some ribbon.  Threw in some Wonderful Snowflakes too.


Inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron, Craft White, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Basic White
Other:  Snowflake embossing folder (Sizzix), Merry Melody embossing folder, Silver Threaded Twine, Shaded Spruce Metallic ribbon, Holiday Rhinestones, Opal Rounds.

Last but not least, a hodge podge of candy canes.  Stamped and hand-cut some.  Used up some leftover bits from my desk.  Stamped a HO HO HO background directly on the Real Red card.  Used tag pieces to piece together a background.  


Inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron, Craft White, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Basic White
Other:  Cable Knit embossing folder, Clear Wink of Stella marker, 2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Silver Threaded Twine, Holiday Rhinestones, Wonderful Gems, Red Rhinestones.

Note: I will not be Live THIS Thursday (on Thanksgiving).  I am going to work on the video to make a mini album using the North Pole Sacks, and will post that as soon as it is finished.  HOPEFULLY by Thursday.  I was thinking I might come on Tuesday night, but that is looking less likely with the amount of cleaning I have to do this week.  Shouldn't have let my house get so gross!!!  :)

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #paperpumpkinalternates

Gift certificates available anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment