Friday, October 14, 2022

No Layer Fall Cards - simple and pretty!

Hi Crafty Peeps!

Last night's video tutorial was all about No Layer Fall-themed cards.  Seriously - no punches, no die-cuts, no layers of any kind.  The Notecards and envelopes are the perfect way to start.  They come in Kraft (with a box), Basic White, and Very Vanilla.  All are packages of 20 cards and envelopes.  Card size is 3 1/2" x 5".  

I like the notecards and envelopes because they are great for beginners who may not have a lot of stuff, or for when we need a quick card - there's nothing to cut, so that's a time saver.   Take these ideas and make them into A-2 size cards if you want.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to both YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


For our first card, I'm using the masking technique to add some layering to the images.  Masking lets the center tree look like it's in front, with the other behind.  I use a post-it note (or regular paper, NOT cardstock) and a 2-way glue pen to make my mask.  Stampin' Up also sells some Masking Paper, but I have personally not tried it yet, so I can't vouch for it.

The trees have a lot of beautiful fall colors!  Stamping on the Kraft note cards means you need darker ink colors, to show up.  Perfectly fine by me!  Of course - something had to go wrong...the greeting didn't land exactly where I wanted it, but I'll get over it.  :)


Paper Measurements:  NONE because I'm only using the note cards and envelope sets!

Finish with some Flowers Trinkets.  Adding flowers to trees might seem weird, but I like the metallic look.

Stamps:  Beauty of Friendship
Ink:  Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Paper:  Kraft Notecards and Envelopes
Other:  Flowers Trinkets

Next up, I'm using a 2-step set to make two-tone pinecones.  Just using different colors gives the look of dimension.   On this one, I've added a bit of interest by hand-drawing some lines around the card.  I tried to keep with the shape of the card.  Very rustic outline.

NOTE:  You do NOT want to use Stampin' Blends or any other alcohol marker to draw these lines - unless you don't mind the lines bleeding through to the back.  


Add some Rustic Metallic Dots to finish it.

Stamps:  Christmas Season, Flowers of Friendship
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Kraft notecards and envelopes
Other:  Rustic Metallic Dots

For the third project, I'm in the mood for something abstract.  The little circle from Artistically Inked (to me anyway) can be a peach, a pumpkin, an apple...you get the idea.  I used a lighter color palette here, because I wanted to use the In Color Opal Rounds.  Otherwise, I know Pumpkin Pie would have been a better pumpkin color to use.


I used a q-tip and some Sahara Sand ink to ground my pumpkin.  That didn't work out so well - too dark - so I had to go back over it with some White Craft ink.  That fixed it enough.  THEN my greeting landed entirely crooked.  This card was doomed!!!!  I had such high hopes for it.  Sigh... 

Stamps:  Artistically Inked, Good Feelings
Ink:  Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, Sahara Sand, White Craft
Paper:  Basic White notecards and envelopes
Other:  In Color Opal Rounds

Last card is a very simple, but effective look.  Fancy greeting in the middle, and some acorns on each side.  I love that these acorns can also be mushroom caps if you turn them upside down!  

Finish off with some Champagne Rhinestones.

Stamps:  Ringed with Nature, Go To Greetings
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper:  Very Vanilla notecards and envelopes
Other:  Champagne Rhinestones

EXCITING Part, but I didn't get a picture of my pattern before I cleaned up.  A box to hold these cards!  You'll have to watch the video for this project.  I made a custom sized two-piece box to hold these notecards and envelopes.  It's 1" tall, and has double-folded sides to make it more sturdy.   You could easily fit a set of 8 notecards and envelopes in this box and give as a gift.


Box top is Soft Suede, and bottom is Crumb Cake.

I hope you're revved up to try out some fun and simple no layer cards in your crafting!  Or make this box.  

Next week, I'll be making a 6" x 6" Mini Book.  Tune in!

Don't forget to check all the details about my Workshop of the Month for ordering and FREEBIE info!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #nolayercards #notecards #custombox

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment