Saturday, September 24, 2022

Some fun techniques using your Stampin' Spots (aka ink spots or ink cubes)!

I hope you are enjoying the first weekend of FALL!

It has been several weeks since I did a live video, and posted to my blog.  If you did not know - my mother passed away quite suddenly a few weeks ago.   It's been a busy few weeks, to say the least.  We had her service last weekend and are taking care of all the things as we can.  All things considered, I was glad to get back into my craft room this week and have some fun!

This week, I shared a few different techniques using the Stampin' Spots - little ink pads.  If you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you get at least one of these little ink pads every month.  You can also purchase uninked Stampin' Spot ink pads and add whatever color reinker you want to make your own.  They're very handy!  

NOTE:  We are nearing the end of the September Promotion - Perfect Partners!  Click that link to get to Stampin' Up's flyer for all the details!  These special release dies/bundles are only available Sep 1-30, or while supplies last.  

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Since I wanted to focus more on sharing techniques with the ink spots, I decided to make TAGS for all of my projects this week.  I love tags because you can use them in different ways - hang them off of a gift bag or package, tuck them in a journal or traveler's notebook (add a picture on the back if you want), add to a scrapbook as a piece of ephemera or interest on your page, or just write a short message on the back and mail to a friend...I'm sure there are other ways to use tags too!

My first Stampin' Spot technique was Direct-to-Paper on an embossed piece.  You simply drag the ink spot over the embossed images, and the ink catches the raised up bits.  Don't put too much pressure on the ink pad.  

I used the Yeti to Party BUNDLE (available through Sep 30th only) on this one.  Tahitian Tide cardstock, with Orchid Oasis ink.  I also colored the Iridescent trim with the Orchid Oasis Stampin' Blend (dark), to give that some of the same color.


Paper measurements:
  • Tahitian Tide: 3" x 5 1/2"
  • Tahitian Tide:  2 3/4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Whimsical Woodland folder
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", to stamp and die-cut yeti, greeting, and accessories
Finished off with some Iridescent Rhinestones.

Stamps:  Yeti to Party BUNDLE
Ink: Orchid Oasis, Smoky Slate
Paper: Tahitian Tide, Basic White
Other:  Hydrangea dies, Whimsical Woodland embossing folder, Orchid Oasis Stampin' Blends markers, 3/16" Iridescent Trim, Iridescent Rhinestones, Clear Wink of Stella

The next technique is to make a background using the ink spots in a grid.  Again, direct-to-paper, but this time you are pressing that ink spot onto your cardstock and holding it there until you get a nicely inked area.  I had to do my Early Espresso squares a few times each, because my ink pad was a little dry.  

Obviously, I didn't get them lined up perfectly but it's good enough to give you the idea.  Can you just imagine how different this would look by changing the colors?  Blues or pinks for baby cards, bright colors, maybe just a single row of the blocks.  

I also gave a quick recap on mirror stamping with these birds - you'll have to watch the video for that part.  I use a silicone mat and my Stamparatus to do mirror stamping.  It's fun!  Definitely takes a little practice.


Paper measurements:
  • Very Vanilla:  3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • Early Espresso:  3 1/2" x 5 1/2" (this is behind the Very Vanilla, but you can't see any of it)
  • Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla:  scraps to stamp/cut birds and greeting
I left the bird uncolored, because the main idea was to show you the background made with the ink spots.  I might go back and give them a little color with some Stampin' Blends.  Maybe. 

Otherwise, I finished this one off with some Early Espresso Faux Suede ribbon stapled on, and some Champagne rhinestones.

Stamps:  Perched in a Tree bundle
Ink:  Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Other:  Early Espresso Faux Suede trim, Champagne Rhinestones

The third tag and technique is my favorite from this week.  I love these fish from A Fish and a Wish!  The bundle comes with a matching punch, which I love.  Punches are so quick to work with.  This technique is again direct-to-paper, but this time you're swiping the ink across the paper.  Some people call this "swinking"  swiping the ink...  You can swink in a straight line, or in a wavy line like I did here.  The wavy line imitates waves of the ocean.  I LOVE IT!!!

Stamp fish and punch them out.  Pop them up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Paper measurements:
  • Starry Sky:  3 3/4" x 5", cut with Deckled Rectangles dies
  • Basic White:  3" x 4 3/8"
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp/punch fish
I used two different ribbons on this tag - White Glittered Organdy, and some of the Iridescent Trim.

Finish off with some Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

Stamps:  A Fish and A Wish bundle
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky
Paper: Starry Sky, Basic White
Other:  Deckled Rectangles dies, White Glittered Organdy, Iridescent Trim, Rhinestones

I finished with a tag that I will very likely add to a scrapbook page.  This technique is again direct-to-paper, but THIS TIME...I laid the Stampin' Spots on their sides at an angle, so that I was just catching the very edge of the ink spot on the paper and drag it across the paper to make diagonals.  You could make straight lines of any kind - plaids too.    

Notice that the lines are not perfectly straight or even.  That's okay!!!

I used the same three colors to stamp and punch out the witches hats.  I did glue all of the hats down flat, because of the fact that I do plan to use it in a scrapbook.  I'm not a huge fan of really 3-D things in my scrapbooks.  This black matte dots are bordering on "too lumpy for my scrapbook", but we'll see how it goes.


Paper measurements:
  • Blackberry Bliss:  3" x 6"
  • Basic White:  2 1/2" x 6"
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp/punch witch hats
Finish with some Matte Black Dots.

Stamps:  Bewitching Bundle
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Basic White
Other:  Matte Black Dots

I hope you all enjoyed the different ways that you can use your Stampin' Spots!

Next Thursday night (9/29 at 8:00pm ET), I'll be sharing some more projects using the Bewitching Bundle.  

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #yetitoparty #witcheshats #afishandawish #perchedinatree

Gift certificates available anytime!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment