Thursday, December 23, 2021

Re-cycle your Christmas cards to make a basket!

Oh what fun!  This project came together a lot quicker than I expected, and it's even better looking in person!  I came across the idea to use your old Christmas Cards to make a fun basket.  I found a pattern, saved it to a PDF, and shared it in my Facebook Group (Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group).  It's linked below.

This was really a neat project, and it's definitely given me some ideas for other projects!  Sue suggested an Easter basket - that's a great idea!


Just a reminder that as of now, I normally go Live every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.   NORMALLY.  I am also now streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook at the same time!  Pretty cool!

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


No stamping or anything with this project.  All you do is print and cut your pattern - I suggest printing it on card stock, and get started! 

You'll need (14) cards to make this basket.  I did something a little different from what you'll find on the internet.  The original project called for punching holes around the bottom pieces, and along 3 sides of each panel.  Then you are to sew/blanket stitch, or crochet the pieces together using yarn or embroidery floss.

I did not want to sew, so I decided to make paper hinges to glue all of my panels together.  That turned out to be a pretty great idea, if I do say so myself.  :)  Seriously!  This basket came together in about 30 minutes!


You could certainly add a bow, some gems, or glitter the edges of your basket.  Make it FUN!

I've uploaded the PATTERN to my Facebook Group!  Print it off on cardstock, and get started on your own basket!  

Check out my December Virtual Workshop that is available through 12/31!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #recyclechristmascards #makeacardbasket

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment